This is what happened to the dough ball I had left at market last Tuesday. I wouldnít really recommend for anyone to do what I did, but the final pizza did turn out okay with a few twists and turns.
I left the unfroze dough ball out to warm-up yesterday. The dough ball was very tight and would not open at all without some tearing. I left it sit in a steel pan on top of the ovens for many hours. I had oiled the pan and also the top of the dough. For the pan I used corn oil and for the top of the dough I used garlic herb infused oil. Very slowly the dough did spread and become less tight. The dough never fully covered the pan though, because it still wanted to stretch-back some. The dough did rise very much in the steel pan though. At first I had thought maybe the yeast had died, because the dough sure was lifeless.
The final pizza was good, but it can be seen how thick the pizza is in the crust TF. I couldnít get the dough to mend after it tore (I guess from the added garlic herb olive oil), so I just took a part of the regular Lehmann dough and patched it up. I didnít know if that would work when baking the pizza, or if that part would then drip dressings to the bottom of the steel pan. Luckily, it did work and no dressings went to the bottom of the pan. The sauce dressing on this pie was the same sauce I used on the Papa Ginoís clone attempt yesterday. With the sauce applied on the top of the cheese, the sauce had a whole different taste. It was good this way. I thought it was also interesting how some spots on this crust were higher than other parts.
I donít think any members would want to go though what I did to make this Sicilian pizza, but the crust did taste good. I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat when making a pizza.
At least I learned something from this experiment and found out yeast is very sturdy. I also learned that dough can be patched even if it is oily, yeast can be redistributed and a tight dough ball can be opened. At least these were my experiences.