Author Topic: I would like your opinion on this oven  (Read 5015 times)

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: I would like your opinion on this oven
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »
I sell foam for stucco, his company has laser and wire cutters for shapes.

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »
I figured it was something like that.  I just love the way things are with the internet and forums.  Before the internet who would have been a quick question away from a guy who had a foam guy?
-Jeff

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 09:36:31 PM »
Dude, you should get you some "guys".  I got 'em for everything, even though they are not all guys.  It is like Google, but without the static.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
Dude, you should get you some "guys".  I got 'em for everything, even though they are not all guys.  It is like Google, but without the static.

Ahh...the life of a celebrity!  ;D  Is this anything like an entourage or is that something completely different?  ;D

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »

Well, I am their "guy" for what I do so it is mutual.

Offline Kelemvor

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »
I just happened on this site today.  He makes ovens that look that same general style, but with insulation and not the huge open front.

The first video is a time lapse of him making the oven which is neat to watch:
http://www.diypizzaovens.com.au/Ovens/videos.html

Offline moose13

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
Wow Mike, you can't find someone to substantiate your oven so go on to make all sorts of silly comments.  

You really need your oven to stay hot for "Days"..  Seriously?  Judging from all the negative comments on this site (usually from the same people), I don't think this "Blogging" nonsense is worth my time.  I merely stated that I have this oven and I love it - I don't need it to stay hot for Days..  I need it to work when I use it - which it does.. Wonderfully!  Staying hot for days?  I WOULDN'T want that.

No one said anything about needing an oven to stay hot for days.  We are talking about efficiency here.  The ability to hold and sustain heat for baking pizza and yes it does make a difference during the bake.  On a side note, no I don't need to keep my oven hot for days, but it is nice to bake bread the next moring or use the oven for other baking needs throughout the next day IF I need it.

I imagine that this website is patrolled by all the brick oven manufacturers out there and they have their people write disparaging remarks about any brand but theirs.  Just like all other blog site.

I've also noticed after reviewing comments from users that the only good oven is the one they made..  Interesting.

You are wrong about that, which lends further credibility to your few posts.  If you spend time here, you will actually find that it is quite the opposite of the scenario you dreamt up.  Oven builders are not allowed to troll their products here without making their true identity and motivation be known.   Despite being pleased with the oven I bought, there are also faults there.  If I had to do it over, I would likely go with a different oven if you must know.  On the other hand, I wonder if you have any financial ties to the company that makes your oven.  

You make comments about the temperature of the outside of the oven without having any knowledge on the oven.  Again.. interesting.  Are you an expert on other things you have no experience / knowledge of too?  I'm sure you do.  I'm sure your the life of your 4 day party..  FYI - you can press your hand against the side of the oven after it's been running for hours and it WILL NOT burn you.. my record is 14 seconds.

Dude, you need to chill out and read more carefully.  I never made such assumptions but phrased it in a question.  Without knowing for sure this is what I was wondering but obviously you answered that. 

Just noticed you've got 5400+ posts.  DUDE - Get out and get laid.. or get a wife / life.  You have too much time hating behind the keyboard!!
Really Mike?  Are you serious here DUDE?  So because I can see fault with your oven, this is your response?   For the record, I do have a life and a wife.  Maybe you are right and I do need to go bug my wife more.  BTW, I'm not the only one with a high post count on this board!  :-D  Are you suggesting all the top posters here and elsewhere get a life?  Without people posting, this site would not thrive or survive and there would not be a place for you to make your insulting comments.

Jackie, you are a gentleman and a scholar. And much more patient and cool headed than me. I need to try that sometime.  :-D Nice job!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »
Thanks Moose.   ;D  I'd still like to see pics of his oven.  I'm sure he did a nice job.

Offline moose13

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »
I would as well, i looked into these ovens just the other day as i am chompin' at the bit to build something. What if a smaller front arch opening was added to the existing design so the heat would have to go down and out? Seems it would capture more heat.

Offline Bigfoot21075

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »
I would as well, i looked into these ovens just the other day as i am chompin' at the bit to build something. What if a smaller front arch opening was added to the existing design so the heat would have to go down and out? Seems it would capture more heat.

I really think that would help hold in more heat, but after more reading I still think the overall cieling height is too high for any radient heat from the bricks.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
A guy came in with the plans to build that oven today.  Luckily he hadn't started, and he will be doing it properly now.

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »
What happens to the wood pieces being used to support the brick during the first cook? does this just burn and fall out of the oven?

Also it seems the bricks are only being held by the outer stucco casing. With no mortar in-between the bricks is this a very durable approach over time? I could easily see the heating and contraction of the firebrick causing the single adhered side to fail, droping bricks in the oven or creating cold spots.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »
We didn't even get that far.  As soon as he asked for "red firebrick for the outside and white (buff) ones for the inside", I knew where he got the plan, and sure enough it was. 

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »
Man, I just saw this thread today for the first time. Wish I'd been following it before Mr. Wallcot deleted his posts. I mean, to elicit such hostility from a bunch of people who are always so cool and universally helpful... that takes some talent.

There's a term for what he's experiencing: cognitive dissonance. He paid good money for what he thought was the best thing you can get, so his ego just won't allow him to entertain the idea that his oven may be anything less than the best (even though it's obviously a horribly-designed oven). Some people learn from their mistakes; others freak out and tell cool, rational people that they're not getting any.