Author Topic: Check this out: this is the type of inexperience we see here in Aust. too often  (Read 1477 times)

Offline OzPizza

• Pizza Perfectionist from Oz!
I couldn't believe the naivete of the question posed this guy, who owns a Blodgett conveyer oven - so I'd have to hazard he owns a shop, asks on the Pizza Making Quarterly Australia/NZ forum. He actually asks what temp a pizza should be cooked at. No mention of style or anything, as if a generic temperature can be applied to all recipes! No wonder we have some many average pizza shops in this country..

http://www.pmq.com.au/thinktank/viewtopic.php?p=25#25

Sorry, but I had to show you guys this one. I know people have to learn but seriously by the time you have a shop I'd expect you to know a bit more. You'll also see my quite restrained reply under my user name of NYpizzaFan. Also there's a reply from a guy who says he used to work for Pizza Hut says they cooked pizzas at 170-180c (338-256F). Sheesh no wonder our Pizza Hut here in Oz tastes inedible compared to the US version!
Founder of B.R.N.Y.P.O.Z. - The bring REAL NY pizza to Oz movement!

piroshok

Relax man!
May be one of those owners where his pizzamaker left in a hurry and needs some advice as to how to get a better pizza. Besides, the question is sensible I presume since he dared to seek help for an appopiate answer otherwise he may just have continued what he was doing without even bothering to ask.
Your response was appropiate and I commend you for that.

Offline OzPizza

• Pizza Perfectionist from Oz!
Relax man!
May be one of those owners where his pizzamaker left in a hurry and needs some advice as to how to get a better pizza. Besides, the question is sensible I presume since he dared to seek help for an appopiate answer otherwise he may just have continued what he was doing without even bothering to ask.
Your response was appropiate and I commend you for that.

Hey of course I'd never jump down someone's throat for asking, but it still seems like a rather fundamental lack of knowlege for a person in the business. I'd really like to know what the full story is and I'll probably ask this guy what it is, so perhaps I can get my head around his needing to ask this kind of question on an industry forum.
Founder of B.R.N.Y.P.O.Z. - The bring REAL NY pizza to Oz movement!

piroshok

that's better it is an industry forum you'll bound to read all sorts of questions and answers even unorthodox ones.
Don't let your heart gide you or compromise yourself