Author Topic: 3 layer cracker crust.....  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Jackitup

3 layer cracker crust.....
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
Here's the 1st couple picks of my 3 layer cracker crust. Used the following formulation from some time ago.

Flour (100%):
Water (36%):
IDY (1%):
Salt (1.75%):
Oil (3.5%):
Sugar (1.2%):
Total (143.45%):   

proofed overnite for 14 hours in my 5 gallon bucket method using a pizza screen over a 5 gallon bucket with a trouble lite sitting on top and a wet towel over the dough that was in a baggie in a bowl. Divided into 3 equal pieces and rolled each piece out very thin resting under plastic while doing the next. Then buttered the pieces and placed together and rolled out again, covered in plastic and back in the bucket to warm a few more hours under the lite. More pics to follow. Thinking of a corned beef, sauerkruat, onion and mushroom pie.
Jon   
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Jackitup

Re: 3 layer cracker crust.....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »
the thin sliced homemade corned beef.....

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »
getting there...

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »
Will be in the oven in an hour or so for when Rosie  my bride of 34 years gets home from work. Also wanted to mention this is Peter's recipe from a few years back "http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5762.msg49498.html#msg49498". The one I did back then was perfect and haven't hit it that good since ;-( Here's a pic of that one.
Jon

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5762.0;attach=8420;image

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »
Done deal, layered the corned beef on the pizza like you would prosciutto. Also had sauteed onions and gr peppers, beautiful caramelized mushrooms, sauerkraut and some thin sliced gr olives as a last minute after thought. The crust was not as bubbly as I had hoped but very, very good. Need to get back to my cracker crust roots and practice some more. I'm always torn between the thin cracker crust and NY style. BTW Rosie just got home and put it in the top 10. Used Kyrol HG flour, very crispy, crunchy.
Jon