Author Topic: Anyone know any pizzerias which are popular but serving bad pizza?  (Read 12225 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Anyone know any pizzerias which are popular but serving bad pizza?
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
I'd have a nice deck oven sitting on/in a trailer by that roadside so fast yer head would spin...where'd you say this was... ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline EZPIZZA

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
Walter, I live in NJ now, but I went to college at Denison in the 1970's and I used to get pizza from a place called Granvilla. It had a cracker crust, minimal sauce and cheese that was quite different from any pizza I have ever had. The cheese almost seemed to be mix of a hard cheese like parmesan and mozzarella. I was wondering if it still open?

Offline mr_melvis

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:39 AM »
LaRosa's in Cincinnati....  If you grew up there, you think it's the best pizza in the world.  If you grew up anywhere else........not so much.  Sauce is too sweet, dough too bready etc. - just an all around less than desireable pizza (sorry LaRosa's fans...).

Online waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »
Walter, I live in NJ now, but I went to college at Denison in the 1970's and I used to get pizza from a place called Granvilla. It had a cracker crust, minimal sauce and cheese that was quite different from any pizza I have ever had. The cheese almost seemed to be mix of a hard cheese like parmesan and mozzarella. I was wondering if it still open?

What a world- you now living in NJ, and me, from NJ, living in Granville.  Check out Star Tavern in Orange for a unique pie and one of my favorites.   I have been here 6 years and no such place since we  have been here.  There are 4 places in granville serving pizza and all are terrible.  Elms is the longest running and IMO not worth eating if it was given to me for free.  Granville and central Ohio is a wonderful place to live for many things but not food like I am use growing up in the NYC area.  Walter

http://www.newarkcityschools.org/content_page2.aspx?cid=1032
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:59:41 AM by waltertore »
Smiling With Hope Pizza- pizza with a social cause fundraiser
http://www.gofundme.com/g87yzjvm7y

Offline slybarman

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
Ledos pizza. Had some tonight.  It was inedible.  The crust was so bad.  Yet, this chain is popular around here for good knows what reason.