Author Topic: Found All Trumps flour at Costco Business in Las Vegas  (Read 1223 times)

Offline pizza Doug

Found All Trumps flour at Costco Business in Las Vegas
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »
In southern California it can be difficult to source All Trumps flour.  Restaurant Depot doesn't carry it, and neither does Costco Business Center in Commerce.

I was visiting Las Vegas and stopped at their Restaurant Depot and Costco Business, and saw 50# sack of the non-bromated version at Costco Business on South Martin Luther King blvd in Las Vegas.  It's   Costco item # 651341.  They have plenty of 6 in 1 tomatoes too, which I think any Costco Business center carries them, currently at $3.35 per #10 can.  Restaurant Depot is over $4.25 right now.

I'm not having any luck finding Grande cheese in So Cal, but using Polly-O 100% WM from Rest Depot, however the employee there said it's not a good seller, they sell much more Supremo-Italiano 100% mozz instead.

scott123

Re: Found All Trumps flour at Costco Business in Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:05:27 AM »
Doug, I think, somewhere along the way, you jumped to the conclusion that if bromated All Trumps is great flour (it is), then unbromated All Trumps will also be great.  It isn't. Bromated flour will always be a big step above unbromated, and, when it comes to the unbromated options, All Trumps is far from the best choice.  Pendleton puts out a better product with both the Power and the Mondako.

For those in California that don't have access to bromated flour, Pendleton is the clear winner for NY style dough.  For those living in/visiting Las Vegas, then bromated flour is the obvious choice, since it's available there.

Offline pizza Doug

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »
FYI... I didn't see any bromated flour at Costco Business or Restaurant Depot.  I would have purchased it if they had any.

scott123

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Restaurant Depot, in Las Vegas, doesn't carry bromated flour? Are you sure?

pizzapan