Author Topic: Best new york pie you've ever made? Time for bragging rights, here's mine.  (Read 8529 times)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Brad,

I'd say they were NY style.  You're end crust is huge though.  If u like it that way then don't change a thing, otherwise press it out thinner on the edge.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline kdefay

This is a pizza I call #42.  It has garlic, blue cheese, fresh tomato, chopped basil, and chili oil.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
This is a pizza I call #42.  It has garlic, blue cheese, fresh tomato, chopped basil, and chili oil.

Is there mozzarella on there as well?

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline kdefay

Sure is

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Sure is

Yah, well, I thought so! 

Tell me more about that blue cheese. Sounds great but how'd you arrive at that combo? Do you put it on at beginning of bake? Same question re: toms.

I'm gonna make one of them for Easter Dinner!

John K

Offline kdefay

Hi John,

For this pie I use sauce made from fresh tomatoes.  The mozzarella cheese, chopped garlic and crumbled blue cheese go on before going in the oven for baking.  When the pizza is finished baking, I top it with the fresh tomatoes and place it back in the oven for about 10 seconds.  When it comes out, I add the basil and chili oil. 

I was just playing with different combinations of toppings that involved the use of fresh tomatoes put on at the end of baking.  I don't like when fresh tomato is placed on a pizza before baking.  It always turns to mush if it's in the oven that long.  After a bit of trial and error, I came to this.  We just love this one, and the name is inspired by the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". 

#42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

That's the best description I've found for this pizza...

Kirk

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Hi John,

For this pie I use sauce made from fresh tomatoes.  The mozzarella cheese, chopped garlic and crumbled blue cheese go on before going in the oven for baking.  When the pizza is finished baking, I top it with the fresh tomatoes and place it back in the oven for about 10 seconds.  When it comes out, I add the basil and chili oil. 

I was just playing with different combinations of toppings that involved the use of fresh tomatoes put on at the end of baking.  I don't like when fresh tomato is placed on a pizza before baking.  It always turns to mush if it's in the oven that long.  After a bit of trial and error, I came to this.  We just love this one, and the name is inspired by the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". 

#42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

That's the best description I've found for this pizza...

Kirk

Kirk,

Well thanks for that detail! I am going to try it next week. It's a great recipe, but even more importantly, beautiful execution! Am I remembering correctly you are doing this commercially in Thailand? I have some friends somewhere over there..... I'll have to send them your way!

Thanks again and kudos!

John K

Currently sitting in a ski condo in Keystone, CO on day one of my ski vacation, with my ten year old daughter who has a fever of 102, as the snow comes down outside.....😷😭

Offline Vesuvi0

Here's mine.  Very recent.  Looked and tasted just like my favorite place in NY (street style)
Vesuvi0

Offline Vesuvi0

Salt, pepper and oregano on top..just like I do at the counter after I pick up my heated slices!
Vesuvi0

Offline Vesuvi0

And BTW...this pie has Sorrento cheese...used it for the first time.....loved it
Vesuvi0

Offline kdefay

Kirk,

Well thanks for that detail! I am going to try it next week. It's a great recipe, but even more importantly, beautiful execution! Am I remembering correctly you are doing this commercially in Thailand? I have some friends somewhere over there..... I'll have to send them your way!

Thanks again and kudos!

John K

Currently sitting in a ski condo in Keystone, CO on day one of my ski vacation, with my ten year old daughter who has a fever of 102, as the snow comes down outside.....😷😭

John,

We have a small pizzeria in the city of Lampang.  It's about 100km from Chiang Mai in the North of Thailand.  Here's a link to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/longjimpizza.  We love when real pizza lovers come in.  Thais are not very adventurous when it comes to pizza.   They usually order the most boring pizzas on the menu. 

I hope your daughter gets well quickly so you can get out and make some turns!!  Skiing is something I left behind when I moved to the tropics.

Kirk