Author Topic: Best new york pie you've ever made? Time for bragging rights, here's mine.  (Read 9124 times)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Brad,

I'd say they were NY style.  You're end crust is huge though.  If u like it that way then don't change a thing, otherwise press it out thinner on the edge.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline kdefay

This is a pizza I call #42.  It has garlic, blue cheese, fresh tomato, chopped basil, and chili oil.
The USA, Myanmar, and Liberia are the three remaining countries in the world who do not use the metric system.  That's some fine company to keep!!

Buy a scale, think in grams, and welcome to the 21st century!!

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
This is a pizza I call #42.  It has garlic, blue cheese, fresh tomato, chopped basil, and chili oil.

Is there mozzarella on there as well?

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline kdefay

Sure is
The USA, Myanmar, and Liberia are the three remaining countries in the world who do not use the metric system.  That's some fine company to keep!!

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Sure is

Yah, well, I thought so! 

Tell me more about that blue cheese. Sounds great but how'd you arrive at that combo? Do you put it on at beginning of bake? Same question re: toms.

I'm gonna make one of them for Easter Dinner!

John K

Offline kdefay

Hi John,

For this pie I use sauce made from fresh tomatoes.  The mozzarella cheese, chopped garlic and crumbled blue cheese go on before going in the oven for baking.  When the pizza is finished baking, I top it with the fresh tomatoes and place it back in the oven for about 10 seconds.  When it comes out, I add the basil and chili oil. 

I was just playing with different combinations of toppings that involved the use of fresh tomatoes put on at the end of baking.  I don't like when fresh tomato is placed on a pizza before baking.  It always turns to mush if it's in the oven that long.  After a bit of trial and error, I came to this.  We just love this one, and the name is inspired by the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". 

#42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

That's the best description I've found for this pizza...

Kirk

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Hi John,

For this pie I use sauce made from fresh tomatoes.  The mozzarella cheese, chopped garlic and crumbled blue cheese go on before going in the oven for baking.  When the pizza is finished baking, I top it with the fresh tomatoes and place it back in the oven for about 10 seconds.  When it comes out, I add the basil and chili oil. 

I was just playing with different combinations of toppings that involved the use of fresh tomatoes put on at the end of baking.  I don't like when fresh tomato is placed on a pizza before baking.  It always turns to mush if it's in the oven that long.  After a bit of trial and error, I came to this.  We just love this one, and the name is inspired by the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". 

#42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

That's the best description I've found for this pizza...

Kirk

Kirk,

Well thanks for that detail! I am going to try it next week. It's a great recipe, but even more importantly, beautiful execution! Am I remembering correctly you are doing this commercially in Thailand? I have some friends somewhere over there..... I'll have to send them your way!

Thanks again and kudos!

John K

Currently sitting in a ski condo in Keystone, CO on day one of my ski vacation, with my ten year old daughter who has a fever of 102, as the snow comes down outside.....😷😭

Offline Vesuvi0

Here's mine.  Very recent.  Looked and tasted just like my favorite place in NY (street style)
Vesuvi0

Offline Vesuvi0

Salt, pepper and oregano on top..just like I do at the counter after I pick up my heated slices!
Vesuvi0

Offline Vesuvi0

And BTW...this pie has Sorrento cheese...used it for the first time.....loved it
Vesuvi0

Offline kdefay

Kirk,

Well thanks for that detail! I am going to try it next week. It's a great recipe, but even more importantly, beautiful execution! Am I remembering correctly you are doing this commercially in Thailand? I have some friends somewhere over there..... I'll have to send them your way!

Thanks again and kudos!

John K

Currently sitting in a ski condo in Keystone, CO on day one of my ski vacation, with my ten year old daughter who has a fever of 102, as the snow comes down outside.....😷😭

John,

We have a small pizzeria in the city of Lampang.  It's about 100km from Chiang Mai in the North of Thailand.  Here's a link to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/longjimpizza.  We love when real pizza lovers come in.  Thais are not very adventurous when it comes to pizza.   They usually order the most boring pizzas on the menu. 

I hope your daughter gets well quickly so you can get out and make some turns!!  Skiing is something I left behind when I moved to the tropics.

Kirk