Author Topic: Rehearsal Dinner Pizzas  (Read 2127 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Pizzas
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
Craig,

You should ask that question when Steve and Bob get their new rig up and running.  That would be more of your style of pizza.   ;D

Of course, Steve and I didn't have a clue how to make any pizzas when you were getting married.   :-D

Norma

That makes 3 of us!
Pizza is not bread.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »
Ev and Norma,

With two pros at the helm, who could resist pizzas right out of the oven? It was a slam dunk.

Peter

Peter,

Even Steve and I didn’t open the skins to exactly 16” and had some of the some of the skins went over the edges of the pizza stone, so we really aren’t pros either.  It isn’t always easy to land a 16” pizza exactly right on a 16” pizza stone.  When working with an oven that no one is familiar with is also another challenge.  At least it worked out okay.  Steve’s friend (the grooms dad) kept trying to keep his rear end on the doors of the ovens so the ovens would heat right.  That sure was s funny sight.   :-D

At least all the everyone was impressed with the pizzas, even if everything wasn‘t right.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
Peter,

Even Steve and I didn’t open the skins to exactly 16” and had some of the some of the skins went over the edges of the pizza stone, so we really aren’t pros either.  It isn’t always easy to land a 16” pizza exactly right on a 16” pizza stone.  

You can say that again - or a 13" pizza on a 16" stone for that matter. When I was working with my grill, I was always scared of the launch.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
You can say that again - or a 13" pizza on a 16" stone for that matter. When I was working with my grill, I was always scared of the launch.

CL

Craig,

+1!  Just one wrong shake and the edge of the pizza is off the stone.  I can see how newbies have problems. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »
nice work!  you weathered the pressure of the unknown in a remarkable way.  kind of like Pizza Impossible! 
bill

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »
Norma, thanks so much for helping me. You made it so much easier and lots more fun! Thanks also for all the pictures! ;D
Yeah, those ovens sure made it interesting all right. ;)