Author Topic: Video on Don Antonio  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
Re: Video on Don Antonio
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »
Why is it that every time you post something it's an argument?  Here's a thought, how about posting something that's actually helpful.  It's clear that you hate Caputo, Startita and the AVPN; dude, get over it and post something of benefit to other members.

Well said matt - I couldn't agree with you more! You can add Roberto's name to his hate list.

Barry in Cape Town

Offline Trianon

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
Ok.....you win! By the way, your last statement is beyond ridiculous.
Why is it that every time you post something it's an argument?  Here's a thought, how about posting something that's actually helpful.  It's clear that you hate Caputo, Startita and the AVPN; dude, get over it and post something of benefit to other members.

Matt

It's not abut winning, it's about stating the fact and impression.
Sorry if I hurt someone's sensibility by using a strong analogy.
You're right, it was too strong, but it was a joke and it should only be seen as that.
Italian humor sometimes pushes it too hard for a very conservative audience.

I see arrogance, you see pride (which many identify with arrogance as well).

Hate? I don't hate anyone. I just state fact.
It is evident to me for example that the video (which is not an editorial, but a commissioned video ... someone paid for it) is an advertising tool for someone.
Look how many time a certain company logo comes through that video, at least 14 times.
That's why I used that analogy ... it's like the old guy was sent here on an advertising campaign.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
at the begining of the video they show caputo semolina flour . i wounder if they use that for their dusting?

Offline Matthew

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 07:04:37 PM »
It's not abut winning, it's about stating the fact and impression.
Sorry if I hurt someone's sensibility by using a strong analogy.
You're right, it was too strong, but it was a joke and it should only be seen as that.
Italian humor sometimes pushes it too hard for a very conservative audience.

I see arrogance, you see pride (which many identify with arrogance as well).

Hate? I don't hate anyone. I just state fact.
It is evident to me for example that the video (which is not an editorial, but a commissioned video ... someone paid for it) is an advertising tool for someone.
Look how many time a certain company logo comes through that video, at least 14 times.
That's why I used that analogy ... it's like the old guy was sent here on an advertising campaign.

I am as far from conservative as you can get.  It's not about that at all.  What you are stating is not fact rather an opinion.  You're free to state your opinion freely but you've already beat that horse into submission & it's time to move on.  Now that is fact.   

Matt

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »
 the video was shot by a company called full plate productions. it is run by sky dylan robbins. she did that segment called the spirituality of food.she has a lot of segments relating to neapolitan pizza

cornicione54

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »
If that's all you choose to see in the video, then I guess it's your loss. ::)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »
Lauren Visits Hot Spot Don Antonio.  Lauren Scala heads to her newest obsession, Don Antonio for some of the most authentic Neapolitan pizza around. By New York Live

Antonio Starita & Roberto Caporuscio teach Lauren Scala how to make pizza Napoletana.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/shows/newyorklive/Lauren-Visits-Hot-Spot-Don-Antonio/146165105

Edit:  
I donít know why that link to the video doesnít work, but if anyone is interested, they can scroll down to NY Live, click on that link, type in Lauren Visits Hot Spot Don Antonio in the search and the video should come up.

Norma
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:42:36 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
Thanks Norma for sharing.  Not sure why the link doesn't work either when I tried to repost the link.   As Norma said, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on NY Live.

Her first pizza looks awesome.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:04:35 AM by Jackie Tran »

cornicione54

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/shows/newyorklive/Lauren-Visits-Hot-Spot-Don-Antonio/146165105

Lauren Visits Hot Spot Don Antonio.  Lauren Scala heads to her newest obsession, Don Antonio for some of the most authentic Neapolitan pizza around. By New York Live

Antonio Starita & Roberto Caporuscio teach Lauren Scala how to make pizza Napoletana.

Edit:  
I donít know why that link to the video doesnít work, but if anyone is interested, they can scroll down to NY Live, click on that link, type in Lauren Visits Hot Spot Don Antonio in the search and the video should come up.

Norma

Offline PizzaVera

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 01:06:59 AM »

I perfectly agree with this statement too, if anyone thinks that Roberto is not doing marketing then most folk here do not own their own restaurants or never have.
of course that video and most of the other videos are commissioned pieces, sure the odd paper or internet video blog will ask to do a free editorial, and roberto might say yes, any exposure is better than nothing. but that video looks professionally made.
I feel like Roberto and some of the other guys are copying Anthony mangerie videos he got professionally made.
it seems to be a trend now among pizza shop owners. Even difara jumped on the band  wagon.
and a lot of it is like marketing campaigns which are professionally made to look like they are amateur made.
it's what celebrities are doing now with premeditated paparazzi pictures. they have a freelancer photographer take pictures of them at the beach or leaving some place or kissing some other celebrities to make it look like it's a real accidental paparazzi picture, but in actual fact it was all staged and planned and then sent to TMZ or who ever. it's a great way to get free exposure. like being caught with a DUI or going to Rehab. many stars stage it for the free publicity. I don't need to tell you guys about the pamela anderson, paris hilton, kim kardasian sex tapes.. which were all "stolen" from their houses and then sold to TMZ illegally. yeah right.....  ::)

Offline Matthew

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 05:24:23 AM »
I perfectly agree with this statement too, if anyone thinks that Roberto is not doing marketing then most folk here do not own their own restaurants or never have.
of course that video and most of the other videos are commissioned pieces, sure the odd paper or internet video blog will ask to do a free editorial, and roberto might say yes, any exposure is better than nothing. but that video looks professionally made.
I feel like Roberto and some of the other guys are copying Anthony mangerie videos he got professionally made.
it seems to be a trend now among pizza shop owners. Even difara jumped on the band  wagon.
and a lot of it is like marketing campaigns which are professionally made to look like they are amateur made.
it's what celebrities are doing now with premeditated paparazzi pictures. they have a freelancer photographer take pictures of them at the beach or leaving some place or kissing some other celebrities to make it look like it's a real accidental paparazzi picture, but in actual fact it was all staged and planned and then sent to TMZ or who ever. it's a great way to get free exposure. like being caught with a DUI or going to Rehab. many stars stage it for the free publicity. I don't need to tell you guys about the pamela anderson, paris hilton, kim kardasian sex tapes.. which were all "stolen" from their houses and then sold to TMZ illegally. yeah right.....  ::)

It's great that you agree with the statement, but he wasn't referring to Roberto or Antonio.

Matt

Offline PizzaVera

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:39 AM »
It's great that you agree with the statement, but he wasn't referring to Roberto or Antonio.

Matt

yes he was.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
yes he was.

He was referring to Caputo.

Offline Trianon

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
He was referring to Caputo.

Obviously yes ...
If Mangieri and Di Fara use videos to advertise themselves, Roberto and Starita use videos to advertise their employer, Caputo.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:41:20 PM by Trianon »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 11:41:55 PM »
Whos give a crap !  sponsor no sponsor, paid for not paid for ....  the guy has to make a living. Down the sleeves on the chest.. is the give away for me but again who cares. Bet he gets it cheaper than you or I thats for sure.  oh confirmed  yes they use caputo  semolina on the bench.  If I had them as sponsor like caputo if that is the case, I would do a video wear a  hat,  shirt and  caputo underwear. but also because I think it is great consistent flour. I know there are others available  and I will eventually try them I hope. I am still waiting for my check  :'( but I will continue to use this stuff.  I cannot afford to blow a 75 ball batch with people waiting for me to arrive and counting on pizza. Could I get a bad batch yes But hmmn, it has not happen yet  ??? again nothing to do with what we are trying to talk about here and thats the Pizza at Don Antonio Starita. I was there Monday with the za man  and the pizza was fantastic!!  just wonderful and spot on delicious.
John
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:48:59 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »
 :chef:  well said John.  BTW, I didn't know they made caputo underwear.  :-D. I would have love to taste their pizza.  Of the few NP crusts I have seen in pictures, Roberto's and Starita's crust always looks the best to me. 

Ciao

Offline Matthew

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
Obviously yes ...
If Mangieri and Di Fara use videos to advertise themselves, Roberto and Starita use videos to advertise their employer, Caputo.

This is fact; correct?  Are you Antimo's payroll clerk?  Dude, give me a break.  Like I said, post something worthy of people's time.

Matt
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:34:21 AM by Matthew »

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 07:10:50 AM »
Awesome post John!

John

cornicione54

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »
Obviously yes ...

At the time the "Naturally Risen" video came out, Mangieri didn't have anything to advertise! As for the notion that Di Fara needs any sort of advertising, video or otherwise... ;D

Offline Trianon

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »
Whos give a crap !  sponsor no sponsor, paid for not paid for ....  the guy has to make a living. Down the sleeves on the chest.. is the give away for me but again who cares. Bet he gets it cheaper than you or I thats for sure.  oh confirmed  yes they use caputo  semolina on the bench.  If I had them as sponsor like caputo if that is the case, I would do a video wear a  hat,  shirt and  caputo underwear. but also because I think it is great consistent flour. I know there are others available  and I will eventually try them I hope. I am still waiting for my check  :'( but I will continue to use this stuff.  I cannot afford to blow a 75 ball batch with people waiting for me to arrive and counting on pizza. Could I get a bad batch yes But hmmn, it has not happen yet  ??? again nothing to do with what we are trying to talk about here and thats the Pizza at Don Antonio Starita. I was there Monday with the za man  and the pizza was fantastic!!  just wonderful and spot on delicious.
John
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:51:55 PM by Trianon »