Author Topic: the progress of the regular Lehmann dough for market  (Read 48427 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: the progress of the regular Lehmann dough for market
« Reply #600 on: November 20, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »
A few of the pizzas made today.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #601 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »
Just a few more pictures of a couple NY style pizzas made first thing Tuesday morning.  I think I will try 0.20-0.25% IDY when I have to do a 3 day cold ferment for 2 weeks later on this month.  Hopefully that will work okay.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #602 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »
Norma,
Your 'ol trusty Market doughs continue to show good action/skills in their results and I (for one) can appreciate the refinement/developments that you achieve on this popular dough. You are great Norma...thanks.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #603 on: December 07, 2012, 08:07:26 AM »
Bob,

The Lehmann dough and the preferment Lehmann dough have served me well at market.  The dough is always easy to open, even if I need to open it cold, but then it takes a little longer to open.  As you probably can see in the first pizza, the middle wanted to bubble a little.  The dough ball was placed on a container on top of my oven while it heated for an hour, but still the dough ball wasnít warm enough. 

I am just a little concerned about how many dough balls to make for the shorter hours at market for the holidays.  I will miss my dinner customers and probably the day before Christmas customers will just grab what they need and then do what they have to do the rest of the day. 

I havenít made a 3 day cold fermented Lehmann dough for a long while.  It should be interesting to see what happens.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #604 on: January 02, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
I have been fooling around some with the dough mold at market on my Lehmann dough since I havenít had time to try another Papa Ginoís attempt.  I find it interesting that the pizza mold doesnít really make the Lehmann dough crust stay even like it did when I was trying the Papa Ginoís attempts.  These are only a few pictures of what the dough looked like on Tuesday for one attempt and the final pizza.  I did use the dough mold on more pizzas, but didnít have time to take more pictures.  I guess the Lehmann dough canít be tamed.  :-D

Norma

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #605 on: January 07, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
Norma,
Wow... All your pies look killer. Great job  :chef:
Jim
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
Norma,
Wow... All your pies look killer. Great job  :chef:
Jim

Jim,

Thanks for your kind words.  Glad to see you back on the forum posting again.  I was worried something happened to you a little while ago, but see you are fine for which I am glad!  ;D

Norma

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »
Hi Norma,

Great looking pizza. I get hungry just viewing your thread. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

TomN

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
Hi Norma,

Great looking pizza. I get hungry just viewing your thread. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

TomN

Tom,

Thank you.  I just use a one day cold fermented Lehmann dough right now at 62% hydration with Kyrol flour.

Norma

Offline Pittsapr

« Reply #609 on: January 09, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
Norma:

Greetings from Puerto Rico. I have been reading these forums for about 2 years now (off and on). Wanted to see if I could take 2 minutes of your time for the following:

What recipe are you using for your dough right now. I have seen many recipe that you have experimented with but did not find your latest: 1 day cold ferment lehman recipe.

As for sauce any tips would be appreciated. I own a Pizza Food Truck in Puerto Rico () I will be re-opening in about a week. I had been in business for a little over a year but have decided to move the truck toa more upscle business office district. In the website do not mind the menu...That is me playing around with the website  a little. I have 2 small deck ovens.

Ilike you (sorry for assuming) but always looking to better my product, never fully satisfied. As for the sauce I am thinking of playing with 7/11 or 6 in 1 with a good amount of oregano. Us Puerto Ricans like tasty eatings with kind of bold flavors. Thank you for your time on this.  I have access to Bay State Milling HG.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #610 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:19 PM »
Norma:

Greetings from Puerto Rico. I have been reading these forums for about 2 years now (off and on). Wanted to see if I could take 2 minutes of your time for the following:

What recipe are you using for your dough right now. I have seen many recipe that you have experimented with but did not find your latest: 1 day cold ferment lehman recipe.

As for sauce any tips would be appreciated. I own a Pizza Food Truck in Puerto Rico () I will be re-opening in about a week. I had been in business for a little over a year but have decided to move the truck toa more upscle business office district. In the website do not mind the menu...That is me playing around with the website  a little. I have 2 small deck ovens.

Ilike you (sorry for assuming) but always looking to better my product, never fully satisfied. As for the sauce I am thinking of playing with 7/11 or 6 in 1 with a good amount of oregano. Us Puerto Ricans like tasty eatings with kind of bold flavors. Thank you for your time on this.  I have access to Bay State Milling HG.

Pittsapr,

I posted the last formulation I used for the Lehmann dough at Reply 579 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18407.msg215844.html#msg215844  I did change the formulation this week though and will look for that formulation at market if you want me to, because I am not exactly what I put into the Lehmann dough calculator.  These are a couple of pictures I took of the Lehmann dough pizzas yesterday.  I didnít change the formulation that much since I posted the formulation on 8/8/2012, but the crust edges werenít as open yesterday on all of my pizzas.  I sure donít know what caused that, but I also did a shorter mix time than before and also used a lower final dough temperature, so I donít know if that contributed to the less crust rise or not.  I did let the dough balls sit out for over 2 hrs. at about the ambient room temperature of 52 degrees F before they were refrigerated.  I have problems sometimes understanding why something happens.  As you can see I do use Kyrol flour.  I donít know if you have access Kyrol flour or not.  Kyrol flour is made by Conagra.  Any high gluten flour should work though in the formulation I am using.  I never tried Bay State Milling high gluten flour though in my formulation.  You also can see what my dough and dough balls looked like back then and somewhat how I mixed my dough if you look at the next few posts after the link and also what I scale my dough balls at for the 16Ē pizza formulation, but I stretch the skin more than 16Ē to something almost 18Ē, so you might want to adjust the formulation to a lower TF if you want to try it.  I am not sure what TF I am currently using.  I am not sure if I like the less rise in the crust or not, but will wait until I try the same formulation and lower final dough temperature again with tempering some at room temperature before refrigerating the dough balls.  The dough balls did open very well though and the skin did stretch good.  I also used my Hatco Unit yesterday to temper the dough balls some before opening them.  The Hatco Unit was about 85-94 degrees F.  I had not done that before.  At least to me my pizzas yesterday look more like a NY style.  I am also using a shorter mix time now, than when I posted back in October.

To answer you question about the sauce if people in Puerto Rico like bolder flavors my sauce might not be to your liking or your customers liking, but I do use Stanislaus Saporito Super Heavy Pizza Sauce with other added ingredients.  I like the Saporito Super Heavy Pizza Sauce, because a fair amount of water can be added and one #10 can does make a lot of sauce in my opinion when the water is added.  The ingredients I add are fresh garlic cloves crushed with oregano, red peppers flakes and Italian seasoning in olive oil.  It is then microwave to extract the flavors.  I then add a little kosher salt, a little sugar, more oregano, more Italian seasoning, more crushed red pepper flakes and then Parmesan cheese and a couple of teaspoons of the herb infused olive oil.  If you want to use my user name and search under the Monthly Challenge, you can see what Red Sauce I posted about when that Monthly Challenge was.  I had used that Red Sauce before on my pizzas at market.  The Red Sauce I posted about almost tastes the same as I use now.

Other Stanislaus products are also good and so are 6-in-1ís.

You might want to post the link to your website that you sent me in the PM incase other members are interested in seeing what you website looks like.

I would be curious to know what you pay for a 50 lb. bag of high gluten flour if you want to tell us that.

Best of luck and if I can help anymore, let me know.

Norma
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:52:26 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #611 on: January 09, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
After looking though my pictures again from yesterday this is one part slice picture I forgot to post.

Norma

Offline Pittsapr

« Reply #612 on: January 09, 2013, 07:27:34 PM »
Norma:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.  I will look into everything you stated and report back.  As per your request my website is: www.pittsa.com I pay for a Bay State High Gluten 50# $22.00 and all the other flours available to us in Puerto Rico: $18 to $22 / Piovetti Mimosa "00": $39 for 55 Pound Bag.  Just if your curious: Saporito: $32.00 for a 6 can 10# Box.  Sorrento Cheese: $2.99 / lb right now (Very Expensive) but have purchased it anywhere from: $2.69 to $2.99 /lb throughout the year. Grande East Coast Blend <---Only Grande Cheese available in Puerto Rico around .40 to .50 cents more expensive than the Sorrento Whole Milk.  All prices for shredded cheese.  If you need anything else answered please let me know. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:32:23 AM by Pittsapr »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: January 09, 2013, 08:13:15 PM »
Norma:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.  I will look into everything you stated and report back.  As per your request my website is: www.pittsa.com I pay for a Bay State High Gluten 50# $22.00 and all the other flours available to us in Puerto Rico: $18 to $22 / Piovetti Mimosa "00": $39 for 55 Pound Bag.  Just if your curious: Saporito: $32.00 for a 6 can 10# Box.  Sorrento Cheese: $3.99 / lb right now (Very Expensive) but have purchased it anywhere from: $2.69 to $3.99 /lb throughout the year. Grande East Coast Blend <---Only Grande Cheese available in Puerto Rico around .40 to .50 cents more expensive than the Sorrento Whole Milk.  All prices for shredded cheese.  If you need anything else answered please let me know. Thanks again.

Pittsapr,

Thanks for posting the link to your website.  Your pizza food truck is really awesome looking. 8)

Thanks also for the prices you pay for different things for your pizzas.  I was curious about that. 

Norma

Offline Pittsapr

« Reply #614 on: January 09, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »
Norma:

Your very much welcome.  Do you bake your pizza on screen, directly on oven deck or combination of both?  and at what temp? Thanks.  As of today one of the most challenging things I am thinking about is: Should I do Personal 10" and 18" Pizza's or only 18" and sell slices.  Simple things like this drain my brain. The logistics of it. Anyways do not want to get off topic. Maybe I should start a thread on Pizza Food Truck so everyone can see. :)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Norma:

Your very much welcome.  Do you bake your pizza on screen, directly on oven deck or combination of both?  and at what temp? Thanks.  As of today one of the most challenging things I am thinking about is: Should I do Personal 10" and 18" Pizza's or only 18" and sell slices.  Simple things like this drain my brain. The logistics of it. Anyways do not want to get off topic. Maybe I should start a thread on Pizza Food Truck so everyone can see. :)

Pittsapr,

I bake directly on the deck on my Bakerís Pride double deck counter model oven.  If you are interested in what my Bakerís Pride oven looks like, it is at Reply 961 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg153745.html#msg153745  My temperatures vary a little but I usually bake at about 538 degrees F.  The temperatures do go up and down a little from opening the door and depending how many pizzas are in and out of the oven. 

That is up to you if you want to do personal 10Ē and 18Ē pizzas.  Since I am at a farmers market I sell much more slices than whole pizzas. 

I see you did start a thread on your Pizza Food Truck.  That is great, because more members might be able to also help you there on your own thread.

Norma

Offline Pittsapr

« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
Thanks Again.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #617 on: January 09, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »
Thanks Again.

Pittsapr,

Anytime  :)

Norma

Offline jkb

« Reply #618 on: January 13, 2013, 05:30:11 AM »
After looking though my pictures again from yesterday this is one part slice picture I forgot to post.

Norma

I'd wet myself if that came out of my oven.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:38:50 AM by jkb »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #619 on: January 13, 2013, 07:39:49 AM »

I'd wet myself if that came out of my oven.

jkb,

:-D  Even if someone has a deck oven to bake pizzas, differences can be seen even if the dough formulation is changed a little, or the mixing time changes.  The dough balls from Tuesday handled the best yet when opening them, but I still am not sure what to do next, or if I should just try the same formulation and mixing time.  I have been making pizzas for awhile, but still don't have a lot of things figured out.

Norma 

pizzapan