Author Topic: the progress of the regular Lehmann dough for market  (Read 50837 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: the progress of the regular Lehmann dough for market
« Reply #720 on: October 14, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »
John,

I made another dough ball using the stretch and fold method but this time I was more gentle in doing the stretch and folds and only did two.  Photo 3 is right after I scaled the dough right out of the mixer.  Photos 5 and 8 are after the stretch and folds.  Photo 9 is the stretch and fold dough ball on the plastic bag between one batch of dough balls.  Photo 6 is part of the batch of dough using the hen's egg test.  Photo 13 is a olive pomace oil I just started using today.  http://www.webstaurantstore.com/lira-olive-pomace-oil-1-gallon-tin/101OLIVEPOMT.html Photo 14 is the olive pomace oil out of the can.  Photo 15 is the cheese I use on all of my pizzas right now at market.  Photo 20 is the price I pay for the cheese.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #721 on: October 14, 2013, 07:57:49 PM »
Norma

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #722 on: October 14, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
John,

I made another dough ball using the stretch and fold method but this time I was more gentle in doing the stretch and folds and only did two.  Photo 3 is right after I scaled the dough right out of the mixer.  Photos 5 and 8 are after the stretch and folds.  Photo 9 is the stretch and fold dough ball on the plastic bag between one batch of dough balls.  Photo 6 is part of the batch of dough using the hen's egg test.  Photo 13 is a olive pomace oil I just started using today.  http://www.webstaurantstore.com/lira-olive-pomace-oil-1-gallon-tin/101OLIVEPOMT.html Photo 14 is the olive pomace oil out of the can.  Photo 15 is the cheese I use on all of my pizzas right now at market.  Photo 20 is the price I pay for the cheese.

Norma
Norma
What are your thoughts up to this point in the process, especially regarding the development of the dough in so little time using the fold method.
John

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #723 on: October 14, 2013, 09:53:15 PM »
Norma
What are your thoughts up to this point in the process, especially regarding the development of the dough in so little time using the fold method.
John

John,

My thoughts so far it that is was really easy and did not take much time to develop the dough using your stretch and fold method. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #724 on: October 15, 2013, 10:32:10 PM »
John,

The results on your method to do two stretch and folds worked out well today.  The dough ball was a little harder to open than my dough balls using the hen's eggs test, but really not hard at all to open.  The crumb was good, but I didn't even have time to taste a slice.  I left the dough ball warm up at room temperature for a long while though.  The first photo is of the stretch and fold dough ball in the front and one of the hen's egg test dough ball in the back.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »
Norma

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »
VERY, VERY, VERY Nice Norma....thank you!!

John

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2013, 06:36:45 AM »
VERY, VERY, VERY Nice Norma....thank you!!

John

John,

If you want me to try another stretch and fold dough ball next week I can.

Norma

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »
John,

If you want me to try another stretch and fold dough ball next week I can.

Norma
Norma
Don't do anything on my account!!!...I know you are an experimenter, and if anything would pique your interest I know you would work with it.  As for me, I am mesmerized with the technique....not that the results are so much better, but that the results can be had with so little work!!  I'd love to know why, and will continue trying different routines to see what I can come up with.  On another front though, I am working with using a "third" fold on my doughs that have some age (this replaces my reball).  I'm now to the point that a third fold 3 hours prior to bake, with the dough left out to warm, produces the most marvelous textured pizza ever...every single time.....that is, a very thin crispy, tender crust, super oven spring and light as a feather.  The texture of the pizzas are slightly different as they age, but the third fold forces them to act almost the same...so far, every single time.  I'll let you know if I figure anything else out.  Have fun Norma, keep up the great work!

John

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »

As for me, I am mesmerized with the technique....not that the results are so much better, but that the results can be had with so little work!!  I'd love to know why, and will continue trying different routines to see what I can come up with.  On another front though, I am working with using a "third" fold on my doughs that have some age (this replaces my reball).  I'm now to the point that a third fold 3 hours prior to bake, with the dough left out to warm, produces the most marvelous textured pizza ever...every single time.....that is, a very thin crispy, tender crust, super oven spring and light as a feather.  The texture of the pizzas are slightly different as they age, but the third fold forces them to act almost the same...so far, every single time.  I'll let you know if I figure anything else out.  Have fun Norma, keep up the great work!

John

John,

I know you are mesmerized with the technique of stretching and folding.  It also interests me why the stretch and fold method works like a longer mix.  I really have no idea why the stretch and fold method works the same to develop a dough.  I don't know at what lower hydration the stretch and fold method stops working.

I am interested your method using the third fold on your doughs that have some age.  I might try that method at some point in time because I love different textured pizzas.  I know you are an experimenter too  8) and I have always enjoyed your experimenting.

Norma