Author Topic: My first pizza!  (Read 6142 times)

Offline buzz

Re: My first pizza!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 10:11:06 AM »
Pete--

That's a good idea about your laminating process--I have to try that next time!

Carey--

AP is better for deep dish--less gluten!

Offline chiguy

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 07:40:18 PM »
 Hi, Members
 I tried this deep dish recipe from PMQ archives and tweaked it a bit.
 100% FLOUR all-purpose(about2 1/3 cup)
 40%   WATER
 1%      SALT
 1 1/4%SUGAR
 3/4%  In Dry Yeast
 14%   Oil
 I mixed in Kitchen Aid for 2 mins all but the oil , it seemed a little dry and the dough was not coming  together well, i hand to stop and pull it off sides. after it began to form up i added the oil, another 1 1/2 mins i took it out and work it on  a very light floured surface until it was just mixed together(buzz's idea). The recipe called for  8min of mixing until the dough was soft and pliable, but i had the feeling i was never going to achieve this. and i never did. Took temperature of dough at 82 Degrees, oiled it, into the fridge it went 22hrs. Dough didnt quite double. The dough ball was only 21 oz for 13in x 1 1/2 pan, this is a personal preference, i was hoping to have a thinner more malanatis type crust. I sprayed pan w/t canola oil Pressed relaxed dough into pan and ran it up the sides. added Sliced provalone, 4oz of pressed sausage over cheese, and then added my sauce recipe. baked at 375 for 45 mins. The pizza did taste a bit like Unos and a bit like Malanati's with the exception of a bit more of a crunch. I did enjoy it, could have been a bit more tender, i don't know if it could be my thinner crust or the lack of hydration. It was without exception one of my better attempts ;D. Here are some pics minus 2 eaten pieces, i hope these upload.               Chiguy   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 07:50:56 PM by chiguy »

Offline buzz

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 08:43:18 AM »
Try it again with less mixing/kneading time and see what happens!