Author Topic: Mail-Order Malnati's?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline MrA

Mail-Order Malnati's?
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »
I was going to email the place and ask they could send me a frozen pizza. Turns out yes, they do that!!Genius! Probably not as good as the restaurant, but it's as close to Chicago as I will ever get. Any one tried it? How was it?  Any other places do this?
http://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/Lou_Malnatis_Pizza

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Mail-Order Malnati's?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
It's good.  Making it from scratch is better.

No contest, and it's not even that hard, since BTB and others have done all the heavy lifting.  Just follow the recipe.

Offline MrA

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Yea, I do make a good pizza if do say so myself. But to have the real thing that is  the subject of so many inquiries and guesses and methods, I may just try it, hope it wont be a dissappointment.

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 08:30:07 AM »
I know what you're saying, but a freshly baked, homemade clone is closer to the real thing than the frozen one, IMO.  

People aren't trying to replicate the frozen product but the fresh one.

If you want to taste Malnati's, either go to Chicago or make BTB's semolina recipe.  It's not just a "good pizza."  It IS Malnati's.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:33:31 AM by Garvey »

Offline Francis S

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
I've used the service to send out pizzas as gifts. It works really nice.

1-800-Lou-To-Go
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Offline MrA

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
I know what you're saying, but a freshly baked, homemade clone is closer to the real thing than the frozen one, IMO.  

People aren't trying to replicate the frozen product but the fresh one.

If you want to taste Malnati's, either go to Chicago or make BTB's semolina recipe.  It's not just a "good pizza."  It IS Malnati's.

Where is BTB's semolina recipe to be found? Thanks

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »

Offline dmcentee

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »
I've tried mail order Lou to Go pizza's several times and found them lacking. The crust was good, but the sauce was so thin that it looked like it had been spray painted on. After that I tried just ordering the Lou to Go dough, which is pretty, good, but in the end, (and thanks to all of the people here), I found out that you can make your own Lou's clone and it's much better than what you can get in the mail.  I use the 20% semolina crust recipe and the 6-in-1 sauce with a little petite diced tomato thrown in for texture.  Great stuff!  Thanks again to all of the people who did the research.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »
I've tried mail order Lou to Go pizza's several times and found them lacking. The crust was good, but the sauce was so thin that it looked like it had been spray painted on. After that I tried just ordering the Lou to Go dough, which is pretty, good, but in the end, (and thanks to all of the people here), I found out that you can make your own Lou's clone and it's much better than what you can get in the mail.  I use the 20% semolina crust recipe and the 6-in-1 sauce with a little petite diced tomato thrown in for texture.  Great stuff!  Thanks again to all of the people who did the research.

Which 20% semolina recipe do you follow dmcentee, always nice to remember to give credit where credit is due.  :chef:   I hear ya on the mail order crap.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:48:15 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan