Author Topic: Needing direction  (Read 776 times)

Offline Eleezy

Needing direction
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
Hey All!

I'm a newby to WFOs (primavera 60) and type 00 flour, although I've been making Nearlypolitans in my home oven for a little while now. The other day I got my hands on some fresh yeast from a local bakery and I'm looking for a little direction/advise. I know this forum has a wealth of information and I've learned a ton trolling the posts here, but I'd love if some of you would be willing to share some tips on oven maintenance and recipes/dough techniques.

Thanks a ton!

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Needing direction
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »
Hi Eleezy, can you specify what you need direction with?  Or do you need direction with everything?   :-D  If  that's the case, I think one of us might have to come over to your house and show you everything from beginning to end.  Where can we start?

Can you post up the recipe you have been using for the home oven?  Are you happy with it or what do you like or not like about it?  Some pictures of your home oven pies might be helpful as well.

I'd love to see pictures of your oven.  I believe we have several members that have the P70 and similar ovens that can help.  

Here is a good video on how to start a fire from one of our members Frankie G.

Offline Eleezy

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. I guess to be more specific I'm really looking into a dough technique/recipe using fresh yeast. I've noticed a lot of you guys are using a sourdough culture but I don't think I'm ready for that! ::) my home oven recipe used a bread flour and ADY. Looking to branch out to type 00 and CY. Thanks again!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
Eleezy, if you look around on the forum, you will see many folks posting their recipe for NP pizza.  Regardless of the type of yeast posted, you can convert that to CY.  The simplest way to do that is to make a small batch of dough and use a similar % in CY and ferment it at room temps.  See how long it takes for the dough to get ready and adjust your yeast amount accordingly.   There are specific conversions you can use, but I have never found them accurate.  Experience, trial and error are my best teachers. 

Member Dellavechia has a P60 or P70 I think, sorry John I don't recall at the moment.  But John makes very good looking NP pizza.  He posted a recipe for a same day dough using CY here.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12545.0.html

He is using 50/50 Caputo 00/AP, but you can easily just use all caputo 00 flour and keep everything else the same.  Hopefully John will see your post and chime in to help you out.  He is more qualified than I with your oven and NP pizza. 

Good luck,
Chau

Offline Eleezy

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 12:02:06 AM »
Thanks Chau!

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »
I love Frankie G's vids.... he is a master of putting these things together

This is one that I saw years ago that made me say... Man I need a pizza oven!  Haven't looked back since. 

Offline Eleezy

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
Awesome video! Thanks doc!

pizzapan