Author Topic: Chuckie Cheese Birthday Party for my grandson  (Read 3250 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Chuckie Cheese Birthday Party for my grandson
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
The pizza is better than it used to be,compared to many years ago,for what its being sold as.My kids enjoy this place as well.Thats what its all about,our children or grandkids to have a great day,and to waste alot of our money on games and etc.

;D

Looks like you had a wonderful time Norma...thats the best thing.

8)

Bill,

Glad to hear you children also enjoy Chuckie Cheese and all those games.  ;D  I donít know how much money my grandson and great-granddaughter went though in playing all those games, but it sure must have been a lot.  We all did have a great time, especially the children.

Do you think the pictures I posted of the pizzas looked anything like you remember from awhile ago?  I canít remember what they looked like or how they tasted before. I read on the web before we went to Chuckie Cheese that they were supposed to change or improve their pizzas, http://www.thedailymeal.com/look-chuck-e-cheese-s-new-pizza but now canít really remember how their pizzas tasted the last time I was there.  I couldnít see much where they prepared their pizzas at Chuckie Cheese, because that was mostly behind a wall. The last time I was at Chuckie Cheese was probably about 10 years ago with my one other granddaughter.  Before that we went to Show Biz Pizza, which was something like Chuckie Cheese.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18514.new.html After eating 5 slices of pizza.  Do I look depressed or satisfied?  :-D  Even have my slice pizza necklace and pizza cutter on my necklace with me all the time.  :angel:

Norma

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »
Norma,

Many years back,I went to Chuck e Cheese with some friends and their kids,and I recall the pizza being alot like elementary school cafeteria pizza.The nasty,soft,square pizzas most of us craved at school when we were kids.
 :-D

As an adult,I found it horrible and barely edible.But as a Kid,every Friday at elem school,it was the greatest lunch day.
 :pizza:

Fast forward to the present day,the pizza is much better than I remember it.Also,one of the CeC I went to were serving a chicken parm sub there.I tried it and was surprised it was decent.That was in Indianapolis.Here in Southern KY,they don't offer it at CeC.I guess the menu and possible the Pizza will vary at locations.

:)

-Bill

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »
Norma,

Many years back,I went to Chuck e Cheese with some friends and their kids,and I recall the pizza being alot like elementary school cafeteria pizza.The nasty,soft,square pizzas most of us craved at school when we were kids.

As an adult,I found it horrible and barely edible.But as a Kid,every Friday at elem school,it was the greatest lunch day.

Fast forward to the present day,the pizza is much better than I remember it.Also,one of the CeC I went to were serving a chicken parm sub there.I tried it and was surprised it was decent.That was in Indianapolis.Here in Southern KY,they don't offer it at CeC.I guess the menu and possible the Pizza will vary at locations.

Gosh Bill, I remember that friggin' pizza from elementary school.  You described it perfect.  White, dense, soft, pale crust that was barely warm.  That weird cheese that was barely melted.  But as kids, yeah good stuff.  Other favorite foods from childhood cafeteria memories:  We had burritos with that orange sauce (which is suppose to simulate enchilada sauce).  Their stuffed sopapillas stuffed with that gooey bean paste was pretty good as well.  And gold bars, who could forget those?  Rice crispy peanut butter bars with chocolate over the top.  Man! that was so long ago, but seems like yesterday in a way.   :(

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Norma,

Bill,

Your story is funny about Chuckie Cheese and you pizza at elementary school!  :-D Chicken parm sub just goes with your screen name!  ;D

Thanks for telling me how you think about Chuckie Cheese pizzas now.  I thought they were decent and slightly crispy on the bottom.  Maybe the pizza trays or new way they make their pizzas help.

Norma

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »
I'd have a slice of each and a mess of wings.  Took my 2 yr old daughter there years ago and she was frightened by the giant rat!

my 5th birthday party was at Chuckie Cheese, and i spent the entire time hiding under a table. When i finally snuck out to play a game, that giant rat came and picked me up... i went crazy! kicks and punches and head-butts came out of me like never before. the stuff of nightmares, i tell ya!
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
Almost one year later and a birthday party for my grandson at Chuck E. Cheese again today.  I got to the party a little late from being at market, so my slices had to be reheated.  I actually didnít think Chuck E. Cheeseís pizza was too bad. The children in the photos are my grandson and great-granddaughter.  They both love pizza.

I still enjoy Chuck E. Cheese.   

Norma
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:54:48 AM by norma427 »

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 03:19:48 PM »
Norma, we know what you did to our mouse cousins, never return to Chuckie Cheese again!

The Big Rat

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
Those 2 children are too cute.  :)
You're a lucky lady Norma....

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
Norma, we know what you did to our mouse cousins, never return to Chuckie Cheese again!

The Big Rat

The Big Rat (Dave),

I think I would be banished from Chuck E. Cheese long before the fews days ago I killed those mice.  My first husband and I owned (or were purchasing) an apartment house in Lancaster when my children were young (I only had two children at the time).  We lived in the second and third floors.  I had to go down the outside back steps to be able to do my wash in the basement.  There were no light switches after I had to lift up the outside doors and then go down more steps to open another door.  The lights could only be turned on in the basement from cords.  There was a light with a cord right near my washer and when I went to turn it on, there was a big rat staring right at me.  :o  It wasnít a pretty sight, but the hairs on my arms stood-up and I had goose pimples all over.  We didnít know what to do about the rat, but a neighbor lady was a hog (but a very nice lady) and left all her dirty dishes and pans out on her back porch.  We watched and saw rats coming out of the drainage sewer grate in her cement pavement.  Before long, we had more rats and could I hear them in our walls at nighttime.  Luckily, my father came in and put all kinds of stuff around to kill those rats and even set those big rats traps.  My father said rats hate broken glass, so he also put some of the broken glass around where he could find rat droppings.  He found a place in the foundation of the apartment house that he also patched up.  We did get rid of those sewer rats, but I never forgot about them.  Those rats looked like monsters to me.  :-D

Edit:  I also forgot to post when the rats got really bad, one night I went into the kitchen and saw a rat drop out of a space near the bottom cabinets in the kitchen.  The whole kitchen was knotty pine.  I had my portable sewing machine right at the kitchen door.  I don't know how I did it (because the portable sewing machine was very heavy), but I threw that sewing machine across the whole kitchen and it was a big kitchen to try to scare the rat.  The rat did go back where it came from.  That was when my father came in to try to take care of the rats.  I still have that portable sewing machine and it still works, but now I dread getting it out because it is so heavy.

Norma
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:28:41 PM by norma427 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »
Those 2 children are too cute.  :)
You're a lucky lady Norma....

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for saying I am a lucky lady and my grandson and great-grandaughter are cute. 

Norma

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
Wow fun !! I love kids birthday parties !! have a few booked now  :)
I also use those trays!! love them,  frankie G yes, and I also have another distibutor as well
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
Wow fun !! I love kids birthday parties !! have a few booked now  :)
I also use those trays!! love them,  frankie G yes, and I also have another distibutor as well
John

John,

Great to hear you have a few children's birthday parties booked now.  ;D I never tried those knobby trays.   Do you always use those kind of trays for your pizzas you bake in your WFO?

Norma

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »
I agree with chickenparm, the pizza is much better than the old days.  It used to be like cardboard with ketchup on it. We have been to maybe 5 parties there in the last couple years and the pizza has been quite edible by comparison.  My younger son is having his fourth birthday there next month.

Norma - how long have you been in Lancaster?  Not sure if I mentioned, but I grew up in York. Did you ever go to Pappy's pizza in York back in the 70s? A lot of childhood memories for me there. I remember my first grade teacher and her husband taking me there.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:23:12 PM by slybarman »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 10:26:46 PM »
I agree with chickenparm, the pizza is much better than the old days.  It used to be like cardboard with ketchup on it. We have been to maybe 5 parties there in the last couple years and the pizza has been quite edible by comparison.  My younger son is having his fourth birthday there next month.

Norma - how long have you been in Lancaster?  Not sure if I mentioned, but I grew up in York. Did you ever go to Pappy's pizza in York back in the 70s? A lot of childhood memories for me there. I remember my first grade teacher and her husband taking me there.

Steve,

I also agree that the pizza at Chuck E. Cheese is much better than the old days.  The cheese and sauce actually had a very good flavor.  Happy early birthday to your son.

I have lived in Lancaster County all of my life, mostly in the country, but when I was married the first time I did live in the city for a number of years.  I didnít know you grew up in York.  I donít think I ever tried Pappyís pizza in York.  I do recall going to Showbiz in York with my granddaughter though.  I am glad there are a lot of childhood memories in York for you.   

Norma

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »
Thank you and happy belated to your grand.

pizzapan