Author Topic: New Member  (Read 192 times)

Offline SandiS

« on: April 01, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »
Hello everyone:

My name is Sandi and I'm from Roseville, California. I recently discovered making deep dish pizzas using cast iron pans.  I love cooking with cast iron so I was very surprised to find out about this.  I received a catalog in the mail from Sur La Table (one of my favorite kitchen places!) and they depicted a deep dish pizza pan.  However, doing a search on the internet I discovered the cast iron pizza method.  Last summer we grilled pizza on the BBQ all the time, but I had never thought about using a cast iron pan.  I had been using a pizza stone with empty cans underneath to elevate the stone off of the grill to cut down on the crust burning on the bottom.  Our pizzas have been quite good, at least better than any pizzeria in town, in our opinion.  But, I know there's room for improvement.  I'm happy to find this site and I just bet I'm going to learn a ton of things from ya'll seasoned pizza bakers!  Now I'm off to see what pizza crust works the best.  I haven't found one that I'm truly and totally satisfied with.  Here's to another summer of new and improved pizza baking!!

Offline franko9752

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
Welcome Sandi.

pizzapan