Author Topic: Domino's and KFC for Christmas in Japan  (Read 423 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Domino's and KFC for Christmas in Japan
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
[In Japan] Christmas Eve, the most popular day of the year to share a pie with family and friends, is big business for Domino's, with sales three to four times that of a normal Saturday.

"Kentucky Fried Chicken was the tradition in Japan. People would get together to eat fried chicken and Christmas cake -- it was a common thing," Mr. Ikeda told Ad Age, through a translator, at the company's Tokyo headquarters. "So we started driving people to order pizza. Now, people perceive [Christmas Eve] as an occasion to buy fried chicken, get pizza delivered and then eat Christmas cake."

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/japan-pizza-recast-a-meal-special-occasions/233819/

I kind of feel the same way. Every day I make pizza is like Christmas in some ways - special, and I never know what I'm going to get...  :-D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Domino's and KFC for Christmas in Japan
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:34:15 PM »

:P
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.