Author Topic: Domino's says NO! to finicky customers  (Read 3247 times)

Offline David Deas

Re: Domino's says NO! to finicky customers
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 06:24:22 AM »
Also, what's up with this trend of telling your customers what they can and can not have on their pie?

CL

If a pizzeria is worth a damn, a lot of times they won't let you simply choose what you want.  Varasano will, but warns on the menu that you could ruin the pie.  Antico will sometimes, but only to a very limited degree.  Places like UPN will not (Anthony will personally throw you out).  Da Michele.  Whoever else.

One of the things that I always hated about chain pizza is that they do charge you for every additional topping you ask for even though the total amount of topping remains fairly constant.  So if I order pepperoni, I get so much pepperoni.  If I order pepperoni and sausage, I get roughly half the amount of pepperoni and half the amount of sausage that I would have if I ordered either solo.  And so on and so on for each additional topping.  So by the time you get to that 7th topping, you're getting thoroughly ripped off.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »
It says they are putting their money where their mouth is and giving 75,000 away for free. 

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/423471/gary-mills/2012-04-09/deals-dominos-give-away-75000-artisan-pizzas-beginning
Pizza is not bread.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »
If a pizzeria is worth a damn, a lot of times they won't let you simply choose what you want.  Varasano will, but warns on the menu that you could ruin the pie.  Antico will sometimes, but only to a very limited degree.  Places like UPN will not (Anthony will personally throw you out).  Da Michele.  Whoever else.

One of the things that I always hated about chain pizza is that they do charge you for every additional topping you ask for even though the total amount of topping remains fairly constant.  So if I order pepperoni, I get so much pepperoni.  If I order pepperoni and sausage, I get roughly half the amount of pepperoni and half the amount of sausage that I would have if I ordered either solo.  And so on and so on for each additional topping.  So by the time you get to that 7th topping, you're getting thoroughly ripped off.

You do realize that pizza places take a bath on just about every meat topping, right??  Money is made on plain cheese pies and pies with vegetable (most, but not all) toppings. What MOST places charge for meat toppings does not cover the cost.  And you ARE right, that when you order multiple meat toppings you get LESS of each topping than if  you ordered just one.  This is done because the pie simply TASTES better with less of each topping.  Im SURE that there are some people who simple want "their money's worth", caring not a bit about the flavor, but I believe most people want a good tasting pie, not one that "gets their money's worth".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:56:36 PM by gabaghool »