Author Topic: Peter Taylor's new restaurant  (Read 4712 times)

Offline rpmfla

• Lifetime Member
Re: Peter Taylor's new restaurant
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
So I went to Wood Fired (Tampa) for lunch yesterday with a friend. I got the small Raquel and she got the Bianca (Fresh Mozzarella, Ricotta, Garlic Slivers, Organic Herbs, Olive Oil, Cracked Black Pepper). For the 4th visit in a row, the dough had very little spring compared to "the old days" and was a bit on the tough side...especially as it cooled. The flavor was still there...and excellent, but the cornicione was flat and didn't have the crisp to tender bite it used to have.

My friend (an admittedly very picky eater) said the Bianca was very bland so asked the waitress first for salt and then for some more garlic. The waitress said that a lot of people ask for these additions. I tried a piece of the Bianca with the additional garlic and salt and it was great.

I don't want this to seem like I am just posting to criticize Peter's Tampa location. As I stated above, it is still very good pizza, just not what it once was. I think Peter should look into cloning so we can have him on both sides of Tampa Bay.

Offline David Deas

Re: Peter Taylor's new restaurant
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
I also would not be surprise to hear if Anthony Mangieri opens a 2nd place some day, now that he has expanded his menu.  

I would.  Guys like that do not open up second locations. 

Maybe when he's gets old or something.  But even after then.

pizzapan