Author Topic: Tonight's Bake  (Read 840 times)

Offline shuboyje

Tonight's Bake
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »
Fired the oven again tonight in the wonderful weather.  I really pushed it tonight and produced the fastest hottest bakes yet in the new oven.  This one was only in the oven about 40 seconds.  This is my kind of bake, and I really love the result.

Again I used the Flora Foods tomatoes, and again they blew me away.  If anyone else sees these at their local Costco I highly recommend giving them a shot.
-Jeff

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Tonight's Bake
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
Nice leoparding.  Your oven sounds like it is baking very evenly.  Very impressive to say the least.   

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
I don't see how those could be "tonight's bake" when the pictures were clearly taken in 1995. However those pies look really good. I hope some day I have the resources to be able to practice trying to make pies like that.

Offline David Deas

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
1995?

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »
I'm guessing it's a reference to the horrible picture quality from my iPhone 4s's very overrated camera, lol.  I'm too lazy to pull out a real camera for pizza pics, but this thing just sucks which is a real quandary because the video quality is great.

I'm very pleased with the oven thus far Chau, now if I could just get some decent weather consistently so I can tile it and not have to roll what looks like a pile of rubble in and out of my garage every time I cook.
-Jeff

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
Great looking pie Jeff.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
Thanks Craig, that means a lot considering the source.  I'm really liking this overblown re-balled dough I've been working one, but I'm starting to wonder if I am gaining anything from the balling and re-balling I wouldn't get from bulk fermenting the dough and then balling one like most do and I used to.  I'll probably find out next time I fire the oven, but I certainly know I like much more highly fermented dough then I used to work with.
-Jeff