Author Topic: BBQ Chicken pizza  (Read 2521 times)

Offline MaximusTG

BBQ Chicken pizza
« on: April 05, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »
Yesterday I decided somewhere in the afternoon to deviate from my normal pizza routine; Normally I make my dough the day before, and make a thin-crust Neapolitan style pizza. But my girlfriend always really likes BBQ chicken pizza's, so I figured I'd try that for a change.

I made two dough balls, with this recipe:

260 g. strong bread flour
172 g. lukewarm water (about 66%, slightly less than the 68.5% I normally use)
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. yeast

I mixed all the dry ingredients, then added all the water. Used a wooden spoon to mix it into one mass. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then kneaded with a handmixer till a smooth dough. Let it sit for another 15 minutes, then divided into two balls and put in individual oiled containers.
Compared to the cold rise of my normal recipe this started rising pretty fast, so I put them in the refridgerator after an hour, where they rested for about 1,5 hours till I took them out about 3/4 of an hour before baking.

I decided against baking these in my modded Ferrari-style oven, since it would be a somewhat thicker pizza with more toppings than normal. Therefore I heated up my conventional oven with a pizza stone (250 C).
Pizza dough was formed and topped with a mixture of Heinz Tomato Frito and Yildriz BBQ sauce (which is a brand they sell here in the Netherlands, it's about the only one here that actually has some smoke aroma). Then some smoked cubes of bacon that I baked before. Also some slices of chicken fillet that I baked in the bacon fat. Next some sliced mushroom and to top it of, some grated mozzarella.
Taste was great, though I could certainly tell the difference in taste in the dough between overnight fermentation and this one.

Offline MaximusTG

Re: BBQ Chicken pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
Did another BBQ chicken pizza; but this time I replaced 35 grams of flour and 35 grams of water for 70 grams of sourdough culture, about 2 hours after refreshing it. Just to increase the dough's flavour.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:25:29 PM by MaximusTG »

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Those pizzas and the dough look good  :pizza: :pizza:

Do you usually use that much yeast in your regular dough?

Offline MaximusTG

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Do you think that amount is much? Normally I use less, when I do a cold rise. For this amount of dough it would have been 1/2 teaspoon, or 1 teaspoon for 4 dough balls as I usually make. That's a baker's percentage of 0.57 %

Offline Jwright

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
That is a Pizza after my own heart!

Btw whenever I make BBQ chicken Pizza I tend to caramelize the onions first just to add a twist to the recipe  :D

buceriasdon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:39:01 AM »
My compliments on your BBQ chicken pizza, very nice.
Don

pizzapan