Author Topic: Egg pizza  (Read 2301 times)

Offline franko9752

Egg pizza
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Tried an egg pizza today. Used EggBeaters and put cheese and onions and peppers on 1st and poured the eggbeaters over the cheese and added mushrooms. Really tasted great.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:45:46 PM by franko9752 »

Offline franko9752

Re: Egg pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
More

Offline franko9752

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
1 more

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
Even without Jimmy Dean sausage, it looks tasty.  I'd hit it. :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline franko9752

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
For sure Jimmy Dean next time and maybe fresh eggs too, just maybe break'em open over the cheese ???

scott123

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
Are you sure this doesn't belong here?

I Love Quiche Forum & Chat Board

:-D

Seriously, though, looks great.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
I moved this thread to the same board (Other Types) as the pizza and egg thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,637.msg5794.html#msg5794.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
franko9752 ,

I think your Egg Beaters, with your other ingredients looks and sounds great on a pizza!  ;D I would eat that any day.

Just ask Steve (Ev) what happened one week when I wanted to try Egg Beaters Florentine http://www.eggbeaters.com/products/florentine?gclid=CPuEhtGHoa8CFcjb4AodtWnWaQ on a pizza.  He said no way would he eat the pizza if I put those fake eggs on a pizza.  I told Steve the eggs werenít fake.  I ended up taking the Egg Beaters Florentine home.  :(

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing Norma. >:( :( :-D

Franko, your pizza looks absolutely fabulous, it really does, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!
Not only do I not do fake eggs, as Norma so graciously pointed out, I don't like mushrooms either. There! I said it!
 I DON'T LIKE MUSHROOMS!!! :-D :-D :-D.............but what a wonderful looking crust you have there. :chef:

parallei

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing Norma.   

Franko, your pizza looks absolutely fabulous, it really does, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!
Not only do I not do fake eggs, as Norma so graciously pointed out, I don't like mushrooms either. There! I said it!
 I DON'T LIKE MUSHROOMS!!!   .............but what a wonderful looking crust you have there.

Thanks Ev........you just made my day! ;D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing Norma. >:( :( :-D

I DON'T LIKE MUSHROOMS!!! :-D :-D :-D.............but what a wonderful looking crust you have there. :chef:

Steve,

I had to post that, because I thought the Egg Beaters Florentine would go good on a pizza.  :angel:  I soon found out you didnít like them.  >:D Maybe franko9752 would have ate that pizza since he made his pizza with Egg Beaters. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

buceriasdon

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »
Frank, I have broken the yolks most every time I have used them on pizza.
Don

For sure Jimmy Dean next time and maybe fresh eggs too, just maybe break'em open over the cheese ???

Offline franko9752

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »
Guess i shoulda not used eggbeaters :-X   I thought it tasted Great but still will use real eggs next time. Sorry to offend anyone :'( :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:52:06 PM by franko9752 »

Offline franko9752

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
Frank, I have broken the yolks most every time I have used them on pizza.
Don

That is what i had in mind is to break the yokes. Will post pics when i try this.

parallei

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »
Sorry to offend anyone 

I don't think you did! Your pie looks great. I eat egg beaters (with goodies mixed in) often for breakfast or lunch....

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:34 AM »
Guess i shoulda not used eggbeaters :-X   I thought it tasted Great but still will use real eggs next time. Sorry to offend anyone :'( :D

Franko, don't mind me. I'm not offended at all. I hope I didn't offend you. It was mentioned that I don't care for Eggbeaters and I then expanded on that remark to include mushrooms. Just a little tongue-in-cheek, as it were. It really is a good looking pie, especially the crust. ;)
Please feel free to put anything on a pizza that you like.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
Makes me think of an Italian place I used to eat at in Pirmasens Germany in the 70's called Cicho's/Cheecho's (?spelling) I used to get the Cheecho Special that was like a multi layer cake except it was a lasagne, THE BEST I"VE EVER HAD....EVER!! it was a perfect mix of perfectly done sheets of noodles with shaved parma/procuitto, sauce, mushrooms, a bit of sausage, cheeses that didn't overtake it all and on top was a perfect egg that when cut the yolk would run thru it like yellow lava all made to order each time. I would get this once a week and have NEVER duplicated it. What I wouldn't give for that recipe.....OR, would it kill the memory.....anyway the egg pizza reminded me how well eggs and Italian food marries and one of the dishes I miss the most. My gramma's Hot German Potato Salad would be right there too, another I can't get nothing but a memory! Anyway I digress on your thread .....

Jon ;-)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:53:35 AM by Jackitup »
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline franko9752

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Franko, don't mind me. I'm not offended at all. I hope I didn't offend you. It was mentioned that I don't care for Eggbeaters and I then expanded on that remark to include mushrooms. Just a little tongue-in-cheek, as it were. It really is a good looking pie, especially the crust. ;)
Please feel free to put anything on a pizza that you like.
             No offence taken Steve, just having fun. ;D I really would like to try real eggs though, broken ontop of the cheese
 and toppings.   I have got to visit you and Norma at market there in Dutch country soon as i live in Pa. too!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:41:40 AM by franko9752 »

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
Please do! Norma is always up to something and we always have a good time and eat waaaaayyy too much pizza! :-D

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »
Franko, Looking good!

I'm discovering I really like eggs (yolks in particular) on pizza.

CL
Pizza is not bread.