Author Topic: Egg pizza  (Read 2807 times)

Offline franko9752

Egg pizza
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Tried an egg pizza today. Used EggBeaters and put cheese and onions and peppers on 1st and poured the eggbeaters over the cheese and added mushrooms. Really tasted great.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:45:46 PM by franko9752 »

Offline franko9752

Re: Egg pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
More

Offline franko9752

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
1 more

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
Even without Jimmy Dean sausage, it looks tasty.  I'd hit it. :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline franko9752

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
For sure Jimmy Dean next time and maybe fresh eggs too, just maybe break'em open over the cheese ???

scott123

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
Are you sure this doesn't belong here?

I Love Quiche Forum & Chat Board

:-D

Seriously, though, looks great.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
I moved this thread to the same board (Other Types) as the pizza and egg thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,637.msg5794.html#msg5794.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
franko9752 ,

I think your Egg Beaters, with your other ingredients looks and sounds great on a pizza!  ;D I would eat that any day.

Just ask Steve (Ev) what happened one week when I wanted to try Egg Beaters Florentine http://www.eggbeaters.com/products/florentine?gclid=CPuEhtGHoa8CFcjb4AodtWnWaQ on a pizza.  He said no way would he eat the pizza if I put those fake eggs on a pizza.  I told Steve the eggs weren’t fake.  I ended up taking the Egg Beaters Florentine home.  :(

Norma

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing Norma. >:( :( :-D

Franko, your pizza looks absolutely fabulous, it really does, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!
Not only do I not do fake eggs, as Norma so graciously pointed out, I don't like mushrooms either. There! I said it!
 I DON'T LIKE MUSHROOMS!!! :-D :-D :-D.............but what a wonderful looking crust you have there. :chef:

parallei

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing Norma.   

Franko, your pizza looks absolutely fabulous, it really does, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!
Not only do I not do fake eggs, as Norma so graciously pointed out, I don't like mushrooms either. There! I said it!
 I DON'T LIKE MUSHROOMS!!!   .............but what a wonderful looking crust you have there.

Thanks Ev........you just made my day! ;D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing Norma. >:( :( :-D

I DON'T LIKE MUSHROOMS!!! :-D :-D :-D.............but what a wonderful looking crust you have there. :chef:

Steve,

I had to post that, because I thought the Egg Beaters Florentine would go good on a pizza.  :angel:  I soon found out you didn’t like them.  >:D Maybe franko9752 would have ate that pizza since he made his pizza with Egg Beaters. 

Norma

buceriasdon

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »
Frank, I have broken the yolks most every time I have used them on pizza.
Don

For sure Jimmy Dean next time and maybe fresh eggs too, just maybe break'em open over the cheese ???

Offline franko9752

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »
Guess i shoulda not used eggbeaters :-X   I thought it tasted Great but still will use real eggs next time. Sorry to offend anyone :'( :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:52:06 PM by franko9752 »

Offline franko9752

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
Frank, I have broken the yolks most every time I have used them on pizza.
Don

That is what i had in mind is to break the yokes. Will post pics when i try this.

parallei

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »
Sorry to offend anyone 

I don't think you did! Your pie looks great. I eat egg beaters (with goodies mixed in) often for breakfast or lunch....

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:34 AM »
Guess i shoulda not used eggbeaters :-X   I thought it tasted Great but still will use real eggs next time. Sorry to offend anyone :'( :D

Franko, don't mind me. I'm not offended at all. I hope I didn't offend you. It was mentioned that I don't care for Eggbeaters and I then expanded on that remark to include mushrooms. Just a little tongue-in-cheek, as it were. It really is a good looking pie, especially the crust. ;)
Please feel free to put anything on a pizza that you like.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
Makes me think of an Italian place I used to eat at in Pirmasens Germany in the 70's called Cicho's/Cheecho's (?spelling) I used to get the Cheecho Special that was like a multi layer cake except it was a lasagne, THE BEST I"VE EVER HAD....EVER!! it was a perfect mix of perfectly done sheets of noodles with shaved parma/procuitto, sauce, mushrooms, a bit of sausage, cheeses that didn't overtake it all and on top was a perfect egg that when cut the yolk would run thru it like yellow lava all made to order each time. I would get this once a week and have NEVER duplicated it. What I wouldn't give for that recipe.....OR, would it kill the memory.....anyway the egg pizza reminded me how well eggs and Italian food marries and one of the dishes I miss the most. My gramma's Hot German Potato Salad would be right there too, another I can't get nothing but a memory! Anyway I digress on your thread .....

Jon ;-)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:53:35 AM by Jackitup »
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline franko9752

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Franko, don't mind me. I'm not offended at all. I hope I didn't offend you. It was mentioned that I don't care for Eggbeaters and I then expanded on that remark to include mushrooms. Just a little tongue-in-cheek, as it were. It really is a good looking pie, especially the crust. ;)
Please feel free to put anything on a pizza that you like.
             No offence taken Steve, just having fun. ;D I really would like to try real eggs though, broken ontop of the cheese
 and toppings.   I have got to visit you and Norma at market there in Dutch country soon as i live in Pa. too!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:41:40 AM by franko9752 »

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
Please do! Norma is always up to something and we always have a good time and eat waaaaayyy too much pizza! :-D

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »
Franko, Looking good!

I'm discovering I really like eggs (yolks in particular) on pizza.

CL
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

pizzapan