Author Topic: blackstone pizza oven warranty 3 mos or 1 year?  (Read 270 times)

Offline novasquid

• I Love Pizza!
blackstone pizza oven warranty 3 mos or 1 year?
« on: November 10, 2015, 08:00:36 AM »
i bought mine around mid november 2014, and keep mine indoors when not in use so it's not exposed to the elements at all. but today i noticed a fingernail sized chip on the body of the blackstone oven where it's now showing bare metal. i'm a few days away from one year of purchase.

i emailed blackstone support to see if they offered any touch-up paint assuming i was under a one year warranty, but was told their warranty is 3 months. it's odd, because searching here i see people mention one year warranty from posts dated last year. is it now 3 months for everyone, even those that bought 11 months ago?

Offline novasquid

• I Love Pizza!
Re: blackstone pizza oven warranty 3 mos or 1 year?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 08:23:42 AM »
i guess i can answer my own question. it looks like it's 90 warranty for rust, and one year for parts. i assume they consider paint chipping as rust, which doesn't seem right. but anyway, i knew that i'd have to repaint the whole thing in high temp paint at some point, i guess that'll be sooner than later.

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 08:26:23 PM »
Mine sits outside all year round since Mid 2013.   I have had a few spots that showed rust over the years, but brushed them with a wire brush, and hit with high temp heat and it has been fine.   While it has a vinyl cover when not being used, I have used it uncovered in the rain quite a bit and am pretty surprised at how well it has held up.

Offline novasquid

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:05 PM »
I have a covered deck but I still roll my oven indoors to keep it out of the weather. it's like part of the family now. :)

Offline old_alex

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »
I keep mine inside (I run it in the garage in the winter / rain, the ceiling above it gets to about 100F so no issues) but the one I bought as a gift for $100 when Lowes was dumping them had dome rust sanded it and spray painted it with high temp paint. It is 90 days on surface. In fact I noticed some weld rust on mine and took a wheel brush to it and painted that too.

The paint is about $6 and worth it (the Rustoleum Black version matches perfectly), when removing the @#$%$%% stickers from the trays I scratched it up and painted those also.

I was thinking for painting my dome Green White Read (Italian Flag) but havn't split with the cash yet colors are more expensive (black is the absence of color).