Author Topic: Chocolate Mozzarella  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Matthew

Chocolate Mozzarella
« on: April 07, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
My cheese maker is experimenting with chocolate mozzarella & gave me a tub to test out.  I was messing around a bit at home with it; Very Very Good!  I also picked up some smoked buffalo Scarmoza; fantastic!

Offline JimmyG

Re: Chocolate Mozzarella
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »
Matt,
Chocolate and mozz is a fantastic idea. I am thinking a Stromboli with raspberries and this cheese would be a great pairing.  The photo is a little dark, how did you use the cheese exactly.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
Matt,
Chocolate and mozz is a fantastic idea. I am thinking a Stromboli with raspberries and this cheese would be a great pairing.  The photo is a little dark, how did you use the cheese exactly.

Sorry for the lousy iphone photo. It was a very simple ripieno with nothing more than the chocolate mozzarella. The chocolate mozzarella has the consistency of pudding versus the traditional.  It is not sweet at all.

Matt

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »
Sorry for the lousy iphone photo.
No problem.

It is not sweet at all.
It's savory? That is really surprising and a pretty cool idea! Do you know how he is adding in the coco into the mozz?
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
No problem.
It's savory? That is really surprising and a pretty cool idea! Do you know how he is adding in the coco into the mozz?

No it's not savory either. It's almost like Mascarpone.  He is using a very good semi sweet melted Chocolate.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »
Can you elaborate on this a little more. Is it like burrata but instead of cream in the center it's chocolate? Or is it chocolate whipped with mozzarella?

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 03:16:14 AM »
Is the mozz being made from milk or curds?

Offline Matthew

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 05:07:36 AM »
Can you elaborate on this a little more. Is it like burrata but instead of cream in the center it's chocolate? Or is it chocolate whipped with mozzarella?

It looks like chocolate pudding, it is not balled.

Matt

Offline Matthew

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 05:09:06 AM »
Is the mozz being made from milk or curds?

Milk

pizzapan