Author Topic: My Pizza Crawl at Samís and Mackís in Wildwood and Manco and Manco in Ocean City  (Read 5879 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Some of slices of Mack's and Manco and Manco brought home for a reheat.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline franko9752

Thanks for the pics Norma, now i want to go there. Used to go to Wildwood every summer in the late 50's and 60's. it's been a long time.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Thanks for the pics Norma, now i want to go there. Used to go to Wildwood every summer in the late 50's and 60's. it's been a long time.

franko9752,

I hope you get to Wildwood sometime.  It sure has been a long while since you were there.  Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Norma

Offline desant89

Norma,

Great job on the reviews.  Please tell me you had Curley's fries though? hahahahahah

Do you think we can put to rest that Mack's, and Manco and Manco are definitely not the same pizzas now?  I have been saying that they are totally different tasting pies.  Your frozen slices show it a lot also.  I think there is a lot of Nostalgia going on here too.  I grew up having Sam's as my favorite.  Everyone loved either Sam's or Mack's, that was it!

Then later in life I was introduced to M&M which has become my number one by a landslide.  Looking at your pics has my mouth watering right now!!!!!!  Thanks again for all of this Norma.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Norma,

Great job on the reviews.  Please tell me you had Curley's fries though? hahahahahah

Do you think we can put to rest that Mack's, and Manco and Manco are definitely not the same pizzas now?  I have been saying that they are totally different tasting pies.  Your frozen slices show it a lot also.  I think there is a lot of Nostalgia going on here too.  I grew up having Sam's as my favorite.  Everyone loved either Sam's or Mack's, that was it!

Then later in life I was introduced to M&M which has become my number one by a landslide.  Looking at your pics has my mouth watering right now!!!!!!  Thanks again for all of this Norma.

desant89,

I did have Curleyís fries, fudge, saltwater taffy and other junk food, but just didnít want anyone to think I was a pig. :-D

Although I thought Mackís and Manco and Manco were similar pies, I agree they donít taste the same.  Even Mackís slices I ate were different this time when I visited.  I can understand now how there are so many different reviews of Mackís and Manco and Manco. 

Norma

Offline jkb

Now I have "Watch the tram car, please" playing over and over in my head.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Now I have "Watch the tram car, please" playing over and over in my head.

jkb,

Lol, maybe this will even haunt you more.   :-D

That darn tran car can sure be annoying, but after a long day walking and spending time on the beach, sometimes they can be a blessing if you are tired and at the other end of the boardwalk to be able to get back quicker.  I haven't taken the tram cars a lot, but when I was really tired, I did ride them.   :-D  Sometimes with all the people on the boardwalk it is hard even to get out of the way of a tram car.  I guess it all adds to the enjoyment of Wildwood.   ;D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
My oldest daughter is even going to Wildwood with friends this weekend.  Guess I don't get to go along this time.  Have to stay home and take care of the animals.  :'(

Norma

pizzapan