Author Topic: Wife is out of town Neapolitans  (Read 1521 times)

Offline bakeshack

Re: Wife is out of town Neapolitans
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 01:35:15 AM »
Soooooo other than your backyard where do you get some good pizza in LA?

Scot

I don't really like to go to LA downtown because of traffic but if you are looking for some good pizza, Sotto is very good.  They make very good Neapolitan-style pies from their SF oven and also serve southern Italian dishes which are even better.  

Settebello is traditional Neapolitan pizzeria in Pasadena.  Very authentic.  I prefer Sotto personally.  

There are more and more NP-style pizzerias opening with SF ovens like Mother Dough but these guys are not very impressive and more expensive than Sotto or Settebello.  

There is the 800 Degrees pizza (owned by Umami Burger) who is making a lot of noise here with their Chipotle/Subway-style Neapolitan pizza for less than $7.  Line is crazy long.  Their pizzas are cheap but inconsistent, most likely, due to their oven (Wood Stone). 

Marlon

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:43:31 AM by bakeshack »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
Beautiful all the way around. The oven too.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »
Beautiful all the way around. The oven too.

CL

Thanks Craig! 

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »
I don't really like to go to LA downtown because of traffic but if you are looking for some good pizza, Sotto is very good.  They make very good Neapolitan-style pies from their SF oven and also serve southern Italian dishes which are even better.  

Settebello is traditional Neapolitan pizzeria in Pasadena.  Very authentic.  I prefer Sotto personally.  

There are more and more NP-style pizzerias opening with SF ovens like Mother Dough but these guys are not very impressive and more expensive than Sotto or Settebello.  

There is the 800 Degrees pizza (owned by Umami Burger) who is making a lot of noise here with their Chipotle/Subway-style Neapolitan pizza for less than $7.  Line is crazy long.  Their pizzas are cheap but inconsistent, most likely, due to their oven (Wood Stone).  

Marlon

How long would it take you to get down to San Diego for some of Omid's pizzas?

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
95 miles from Orange County to Pizzeria Bruno.  I have been planning to go but something always comes up every weekend.  I will definitely try it very soon.