Author Topic: epic pizza fail today  (Read 1079 times)

Offline moose13

epic pizza fail today
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
Should have taken a pic but, i made a batch of dough three days ago. I have since made two pies that were really good. Had one dough left and was going to make one for lunch. Well i was stretching and tossing when i found i had made the skin much larger than my peel. This has happened before but not as bad, was always able to work it and form it so it would work on my peel. I laid on the peel and this would never work. Overlapping on all sides. I have never had much luck re balling after the dough has already been stretched and floured like this so i thought i could make the pie on my 16" metal cookie sheet, then use it as my peel. Well, it did not work as planned. I tried to slide it off into the oven and it started to get stuck and fold over itself. At this point i decided to bake it on the sheet. Hmm, well it was edible and i we ate the cheese and toppings and the edges of the crust. The middle was soggy and pretty much fell apart when trying to remove the pizza. Funny how i have made my share of restaurant quality pies then mess up bigger than ever.  :chef:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:36:07 PM by moose13 »

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Re: epic pizza fail today
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
Practice makes perfect.  Next time go for a quick calzone and pretend like you were going that direction the whole time.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »
Funny how i have make my share of restaurant quality pies then mess up bigger than ever. 

It happens to everyone. Push forward.
Pizza is not bread.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »
moose13,

I also have my share of failures.  Next time will be better!  ;D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline moose13

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
Practice makes perfect.  Next time go for a quick calzone and pretend like you were going that direction the whole time.

Good call!
Just silly how i have made 50 pizzas or so now and have never done this. Seems this would have happened sooner rather than later. Oh well it did not go to waste.

What size peel do you guys use? I should probably get one bigger than my stone.

Offline David Deas

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »
Sort of thing happens all the time.  It's when you can't do the calzone recovery that hurts.