Author Topic: Mystery Breadsticks  (Read 3705 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Mystery Breadsticks
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »
I came home from market and running errands today and my daughter had these breadsticks ready for me to go with dinner.  I thought they were really tasty.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Mystery Breadsticks
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Norma

Offline CDNpielover

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
oh wow, that looks downright DELICIOUS!!! 

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
Those look amazing! How did she get the cheese so melty? Did it stay that way when they cooled off a bit? I've had trouble getting my cheese to stay runny on some of my projects. Past 3 mins out of the oven and it's a lot tougher and not as enjoyable.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline CDNpielover

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
I agree, the cheese looks outstanding.  that's some of the best cheese i've ever seen, actually.   :P

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
CDNpielover and rcbaughn,

I have to tell both of you these were just breadsticks from a kit my daughter purchased as a school fundraiser at work.  My daughter said the breadsticks were really simple to make.  

It says inside the box you can get the nutritional information and the ingredients list at this website, but I havenít found it yet. http://www.pizzakit.com/Product.aspx?id=152  I wish I could recreate the toppings on those breadsticks and know what kind of mozzarella was used.

Norma
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:32:23 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »
I just found the nutritional information if it is click on, but that sure doesn't tell me much.  :-D

Norma

Offline CDNpielover

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
cool, i've seen internet ads for those fundraising kits before!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
Norma,

I once found the ingredients lists for the Little Caesars PizzaKits, and I found the link to those lists tonight, but it is no longer active. So, I used the now-inactive link (http://www.pizzakit.com/lcpk_itk_ingredients.asp) at the Wayback Machine and found the last ingredients list (May 31, 2010) at http://web.archive.org/web/20100531055122/http://www.pizzakit.com/lcpk_itk_ingredients.asp. The ingredients given for the Italian Cheese Bread are as follows:

ITALIAN CHEESE BREADģ INGREDIENTS:   

Bread: Wheat flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Water, Vegetable Oil (Soybean Oil, Soy Lecithin), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Glucona Delta Lactone, Salt, Baking Soda, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Propionate (Preservative), Food Starch-Modified, Corn Syrup Solids, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Conditioners (L-Cysteine, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes), Natural and Artificial Flavors.
Allergen Information:
Contains: Soy, Wheat and Milk.

Cheese: Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella and Muenster (Pasteurized Milk, Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Enzymes), Powdered Cellulose added to prevent caking, Natamycin (A Natural Mold Inhibitor).
Allergen Information:
Contains: Milk.

Garlic Buttery Sauce: Soybean Oil, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Garlic Powder, Vegetable Mono and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (As Preservatives), Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Calcium Disodium EDTA added to protect flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Vitamin A Palmitate Added.
Allergen Information:
Contains: Soy and Milk.

Seasoning Mix: Parmesan Cheese (Cultured Part-Skim Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Salt, Sugar, Dehydrated Garlic, Spices, Dehydrated Bell Peppers, Dehydrated Onion, Partially Hydrated Soybean and Cottonseed Oils, Citric Acid, and less than 2% Silicon Dioxide added to prevent caking.
Allergen Information:
Contains: Milk.

Mystery breadsticks solved. Now, you can go into your kitchen and whip up a batch.

Peter

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
Norma,
I found the product ingredients for your bread sticks.

Italian Cheese Bread Kit Ingredients

Bread: Wheat flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Oil (Soybean Oil, Soy Lecithin), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Glucona Delta Lactone, Salt, Baking Soda, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Propionate (Preservative), Food Starch-Modified, Corn Syrup Solids, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Conditioners (L-Cysteine, Ascorbic Acid, Enzymes), Natural and Artificial Flavors.
Allergen Information: Contains: Soy, Wheat and Milk.

Cheese: Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella and Muenster (Pasteurized Milk, Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Enzymes), Powdered Cellulose Added To Prevent Caking, Natamycin (a Natural Mold Inhibitor).
Allergen Information: Contains: Milk.

Garlic Buttery Sauce: Soybean Oil, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Garlic Powder, Vegetable Mono and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (As Preservatives), Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Calcium Disodium EDTA added to protect flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Vitamin A Palmitate Added.                    Allergen Information: Contains: Soy and Milk

Seasoning Mix: Parmesan Cheese (Cultured Part-Skim Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Salt, Sugar, Dehydrated Garlic, Spices, Dehydrated Bell Peppers, Dehydrated Onion, Partially Hydrated Soybean and Cottonseed Oils, Citric Acid, And Less than 2% Silicon Dioxide Added To Prevent Caking.
Allergen Information: Contains: Milk.

I am sure Peter is going to be thrilled to help you clone this one  :-D.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Peter,
Does this qualify as a jinks?
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
Peter,
Does this qualify as a jinks?

Jim,

I think so :-D. A little over a minute apart. Out of curiosity, where did you find the ingredients.

I love what they call the Garlic Buttery Sauce. It is really a cheap margarine with garlic powder, and no signs anywhere of butter. At least the Cheese is normal, just a blend of low moisture part skim mozzarella and muenster.

Peter

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
Peter,

I love what they call the Garlic Buttery Sauce.

Yeah I saw that one... it kind of reminds me of the SNL alternative/mystery pizza skit going around the web.

I found the ingredients on the web page that Norma provided. http://www.pizzakit.com/Product.aspx?id=152 There is a green bar in the middle of the screen that has nutrition and ingredients as a click able pull pop-up and I highlighted just highlighted the ingredients.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
Jim,

Thanks. It looks like Little Caesars hasn't changed things much with their PizzaKits.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »
Hey you guys,

Great job on finding the ingredient lists so fast!  ;D

Since the mystery is solved about the cheese, maybe I would like to recreate the garlic buttery sauce and the seasoning mix.  :-\ I thought they really tasted good in combination with the low moisture part skim mozzarella and muenster cheese.  I never tried a combination of part skim mozzarella and muenster cheese before and might try that.  The garlic buttery sauce and seasoning mix could be put on breadsticks or even on white pizzas. 

I donít think it is going to be that easy to just whip up a batch.  If need be there are two more breadsticks packs in the freezer.  I will just make them.  It would be much easier.   :-D

Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
That's hilarious Norma.  The first thought that came to mind when I saw those breadsticks you posted is....Pizza Pizza!  Little Ceaser's Bread sticks.  I ate a lot of it prior to college when I worked there.  I also remember the cheese blend and when I asked the manager why they mix in munster cheese, his response is that the munster is what gives the cheese the stretch.   

The garlic butter is easy to make.   A bit of butter, fresh or powdered garlic, and a bit of OO to keep the butter from completely solidifying at room temps.   If you use gresh garlic, dice it really fine and heat it with the butter.   It's not exactly the same, but it is good and tastes better IMO.   Just go by taste.   Don't be afraid on this one Norma.  You can do it! 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
That's hilarious Norma.  The first thought that came to mind when I saw those breadsticks you posted is....Pizza Pizza!  Little Ceaser's Bread sticks.  I ate a lot of it prior to college when I worked there.  I also remember the cheese blend and when I asked the manager why they mix in munster cheese, his response is that the munster is what gives the cheese the stretch.   

The garlic butter is easy to make.   A bit of butter, fresh or powdered garlic, and a bit of OO to keep the butter from completely solidifying at room temps.   If you use gresh garlic, dice it really fine and heat it with the butter.   It's not exactly the same, but it is good and tastes better IMO.   Just go by taste.   Don't be afraid on this one Norma.  You can do it! 

Chau,

Lol, I never knew you worked at Little Caesars.  Did you like Little Caesars Breadstick when you worked there?  I guess you are back to your rootís (in pizza making), but you have way exceeded Little Ceaserís in your pizza making talents.  :chef:  Did you ever try mozzarella with muenster cheese to see how it melts on a pizza? 

I might try recreating the garlic buttery sauce and the seasoning mix.  At least they are 2 packets in the freezer I can taste test.  Thanks for your suggestions on how to go about recreating the garlic butter sauce.  I donít know if I can do it or not, but thanks for having confidence in what I can do.

Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
Norma, at the time that I worked there almost 20 years ago, I did like the breadsticks quite a bit.   I haven't eaten a Caesar's breadstick in quite some time, but I wouldn't hestiate either if presented with a fresh hot box of them.  Occassionally when I'm in the mood, I'll eat Pizza Hut bread sticks with sauce or a little personal pan pizza which I am fond of.   :-D  It's fried, greasy, and crunchy.  What is there not to like?  :-D

I did try the mozz and munster combo, but it was over 2 years ago and I don't remember much about it.  I know I didn't dislike it but didn't think it was special either.  Next time I make pizza, I'll try to remember to pick some up and give it another try. 

The garlic butter is easy to make and quite delicious for bread sticks, pizza bones, or to drizzle over garlic knots.   I forgot to mention to add a tiny bit of grated parmesan into the garlic butter to add another level of texture and flavor. 

Chau

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
I'm confused?  Does LC have both crazy bread and breadsticks?
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
I'm confused?  Does LC have both crazy bread and breadsticks?

Nate,

Yes. You can see the components of the Crazy Bread at http://www.pizzakit.com/Product.aspx?id=246.

Peter
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:38:10 PM by Pete-zza »

pizzapan