Author Topic: Holding pizza dough  (Read 993 times)

Offline mjl

Holding pizza dough
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
I currently have 3 Chicago style thin crusts ready to go. Unfortunately, my plans have changed, and I will not get to them this evening. They are currently balled and resting in lightly oiled baggies in the refrigerator. Any ideas on what to do with them?  How long can I expect to hold them in the refrigerator? Would I be better off freezing them? I may make one in the morning, I am working on call tonight...so a breakfast pizza does sound good.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Matt

Offline Malanga

Re: Holding pizza dough
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »
They should be ok in the fridge.  How long have they been there?  From what I've read, folks cold ferment for Chicago thin crust up to 72 hours, with some going beyond that. 

Maybe somebody with more experience can chime in...

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »
How long have they been refrigerated so far?  My particular Chicago thin recipe calls for a 72-hr cold ferment in the fridge, and I've even had good results at 96 hrs.  Of course, all recipes vary a bit, but I'd say you may just like your results!  Fwiw, your dough will be fine.

Offline mjl

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
All is well that ends well. Pizza was very tasty as expected. Thanks for the replies and reassurances.

Matt

pizzapan