Author Topic: A Type Of Pizza Pancake Using an Electric Skillet?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
A Type Of Pizza Pancake Using an Electric Skillet?
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
Has anyone ever done something like this?

Today,I was cooking pancakes for my kids on my large electric skillet,and I began to wonder if I could make a type of pizza crust using it.

I thought about mixing some BF with water and making a type of batter,and pour it onto the skillet.Maybe add tomatoes and cheese on top when the crust is done,and transfer to oven to put under the broiler to melt the top/cheese all the way.

I would imagine it would be a flat type of pizza,maybe similar to a flat soft taco shell or etc.I'm not sure since I never made this,but if you have,let me know what worked for you.Im also wondering if the crust stays soft,then it can be rolled up with the toppings on the inside?I also imagine I would not need to use any yeast for this,but if I need to,let me know.

Thanks for any ideas.

:)

-Bill

-Bill

Offline chickenparm

Re: A Type Of Pizza Pancake Using an Electric Skillet?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »
Btw,I have seen other topics about folks using a skillet,but Im not trying to make a regular pizza with a puffy rim or anything like that.I can use my oven/stone for that just fine.Im going to experiment with some BF batter and post back next time I do it.

;)
-Bill

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »
Bill, In many parts of the world people do not have ovens. I think you might find this interesting:   http://www.tarladalal.com/Indian-Pizza-(-No-Need-Of-Oven)-15977r
also if you do a google search for Indian pizza you will get a number of hits that are very illuminating.
Don
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:28:16 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
Bill, In many parts of the world people do not ovens. I think you might find this interesting:   http://www.tarladalal.com/Indian-Pizza-(-No-Need-Of-Oven)-15977r
also if you do a google search for Indian pizza you will get anumber of hits that are very illuminating.
Don

Thank You very much Don!

8)

Btw,I made a batter tonight and the first try was awful.It was too thick and was not cooking correctly in places.

The second try was a bit better.It was flat like a taco shell,a bit crispy with brown spots,and somewhat tasty,needed more salt,etc.A little chopped tomatoes,olive oil and some pecorino cheese on top made it nice.

No pics though,Im still working on the batter.It needs alot of water and not sure if Im going to need eggs later on.

Thanks again.

-Bill

Offline politon

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Has anyone ever done something like this?

Today,I was cooking pancakes for my kids on my large electric skillet,and I began to wonder if I could make a type of pizza crust using it.

I thought about mixing some BF with water and making a type of batter,and pour it onto the skillet.Maybe add tomatoes and cheese on top when the crust is done,and transfer to oven to put under the broiler to melt the top/cheese all the way.

I would imagine it would be a flat type of pizza,maybe similar to a flat soft taco shell or etc.I'm not sure since I never made this,but if you have,let me know what worked for you.Im also wondering if the crust stays soft,then it can be rolled up with the toppings on the inside?I also imagine I would not need to use any yeast for this,but if I need to,let me know.

Thanks for any ideas.

-Bill

Hi Bill,

In this YouTube vid, the gal makes a Pizza on a skillet called a Tawa:

<a href="http://youtu.be/fxx0SXWd84E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/fxx0SXWd84E</a>

--Paul

pizzapan