Author Topic: Pizzeria Delfina San Francisco?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Pizzeria Delfina San Francisco?
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:13:54 PM »
Any reports on this new offering.Saw some photos of the pizzas they are producing and to me they look as good (if not better) than any of the other "Neapolitan" i've seen on either coast?Here is the link: http://www.sfstation.com/article.php?articleId=1413
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:25:48 PM by Pete-zza »
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: Pizzeria Delfina San Francisco?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »
I was reading some reviews of various Pizzerias on line today and looked over a few blogs that mentioned this place.Lots with pictures of the Pizzas etc .Eg.(www.amateurgourmet.com/2007/04/pizza_delfina.html )
Sad to say that none of them resembled the photos provided in the original review / link that I provided some time ago.Upon further examination of the original article I see that one of the  photos in the review was provided by Delfina themselves.I would hazard a guess that from the carrera marble table tops and plastic cups,that this was actually a pizzeria in Naples not Delfina and truly not representative of what they produce .I have come across this situation numerous times ( with different pizzerias ) and find it particularly irritating as it builds unrealistic expectations.IMO Reviewers should explain when "stock' photos are used and proprietors should be truthfull.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:03:27 PM by David »
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pizza concerto

• Lifetime Member
  • ...so much pizza, so little stomach...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:54 AM »
Hi David,

I saw your first post and was blown away by how great that pie looked,  totally jazzed.  And then, after seeing your second post, realize their "real" pics are of a pie nothing close to that.  Its amazing how you can really taste a pie through a picture, but taste memory must kick in.  The Naples pick brought me right there, and the pic from the second post just made me full and tired....the quest continues.

Dan
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fat." -- Alex Levine

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 04:49:22 AM »
Totally agree with Dan.  I was ready to head up there tomorrow after seeing the first pic... I'm not even going to waste my time now after seeing the real ones, and I don't see how they are getting 'lines out the door'.. sounds like another pizzetta 211 from the reviews and pics... good toppings, mediocre crust, snobby attitude. 
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline Tony G

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:33:41 AM »

I went to Pizzeria Delfina over a year ago. It is good but not Neapolitan. The pics are not the pizzas that are served. They have a Marsal double stack, The lines are out the door probably because of the name Delfina (the first restaurant) but most importantly they have I would say maybe 18 - 20 seats. They have no waiting area.  people have to wait outside hence lines out the door. ( Unless the remodled or expanded) They used Giusto's flour if I remember right .. look at the storage next to them. To the left. I never went back. really no reason. It was good. We had 4 pizzas. I was with 4 people..Everyone liked it.  Tony G

pizzapan