Author Topic: Pizza business owners- do you ever get tired of eating pizza?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Iowamcnabb

I am a partner in a coffee shop that serves food and have been in the business for about 8 years.  I can drink coffee everyday and it never gets old... But the food?  After making it and serving it 10 hours a day 6 days a week.... I grow tired of it.

So how about those that work in the pizza industry?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Pizza business owners- do you ever get tired of eating pizza?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:33:42 PM »
I am a partner in a coffee shop that serves food and have been in the business for about 8 years.  I can drink coffee everyday and it never gets old... But the food?  After making it and serving it 10 hours a day 6 days a week.... I grow tired of it.

So how about those that work in the pizza industry?

Iowamcnabb,

There is an interesting article about Tacconelli's in Philadelphia, at http://archives.citypaper.net/articles/2010/07/22/philadelphia-pizza, but what I found amusing is that one of the Tacconelli's, John, says that he doesn't like pizza and it is the last thing he will eat (see the text below the photo of John Tacconelli).

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »
Iowamcnabb,

Although I only operate a pizza business one day a week, I donít ever get tired of eating pizza if too many slices arenít eaten in one day.  I try to limit my intake of pizzas each week though, because it can make me gain weight.  I do make other pizzas if given the chance though.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »
Not sure I  could eat like a pizza little ceasars  or chi chi's type even ever again for that matter, but as with Norma I operate a mobile bus part time ? and never tire of what I make or a good neapolitan with simple ingredient 1 topping maybe. Nope never.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »
2-3 slices a day, worked 4 days a week for 11 hours each day and never got tired of it. It depends on what your eating though.

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »
We have a lot of variety in the shop specializing in jamaican inspired dishes along with homemade soups, sandwiches and pastry.  We trade food with other local business owners/ employees just to keep things interesting.

Offline petef

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »
I'm not a pizza business owner but I can relate to this topic. Around 1976 when I was attending school and working immediately afterwards, I only had time to order a couple of slices of pizza and make it to work on time. For about 1.5 years I ate pizza like that 5 days per week. I did tire of pizza and stopped eating it for a year or so.

Now some 30+ years later, I eat pizza several times per week, but I do vary the styles of pizza between Home made Thin crust Tomato Pie, Light airy crust pan pizza, and regular pizzeria style with sausage & mushrooms. On occasion, I'll buy a pizza at one of several different pizza shops that serve the same basic styles that I make at home. The variety is wide enough where I don't get tired of pizza. Sometimes I'll skip eating pizza for a week or so but soon after, I begin to crave it again.

In addition to all that, I'm always experimenting with pizza recipes striving for the perfect pie and other variations. It's a challange, it's an obsession!

---pete---

Offline La Sera

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 07:13:47 PM »
You have to try everything when you first open, change or add to the menu, change suppliers for ingredients or change equipment. Customers expect the same taste when they order, so you have to be consistent. I guess I would get tired of it if I ate it every day.

I don't usually eat a whole slice, but I do test a bite or two every few days. I think my tastes buds would lose sensitivity if I ate a meal of it every day. But other people may be different.

Offline franko9752

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
I do a 3 night a week pizza gig in evenings and must taste test my pies and try a few slices a night but it is my dinner those nights too, i try to exersize often to off set the calories. I LOVE PIZZA! I think to make a great pie you have to love every thing about it(except balling 35 doughballs) :chef:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:05:42 PM by franko9752 »

Offline osipov.tima@gmail.com

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
Hello everybody. It's been about 10 days since I am in pizza bussines and I am not tired of eating pizza so far)) but I used to run a burger spot before and I stoped eating them like in a couple of months after opening.

But in my opinion any restaraunt owner must eat at his/her place to taste the food first and for promotional reasons as well

Tim

Offline Pizzamaster

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
Is that even possible?

Offline TheBlum

• Acunto Napoli
    • Antico Pizza Napoletana
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
It's hard to get tired of something so good  :pizza:
Corporate Trainer
Brandon@Anticopizza.com

Simply, the best.