Author Topic: Ralph Pizza Nutley NJ  (Read 1345 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Ralph Pizza Nutley NJ
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:52:51 PM »
Critics Choice  !! How could I not stop
which critics? not pizzamaking.com ?  ???
anyone ever been here?
2nd stop if not 3rd but a long time ago 4-5 uears I remeber the tase and no change so probably why its so good!  its true chicago thin served in Jersey . All pies cooked in silver deep sdish not the dark black and finished in a different oven out  of the pan. I really enjoyed it  crispy crust with a bit thicker base small rim. sweet sauce lotsa chees . great stuff but not sure on the " best" inJersey ? wow thats a big statement ! owner was staering me down so I only snuck a few pics and comment from anyone who has been here scott123 please give this a go !
here you go
John
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:56:23 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline scott123

Re: Ralph Pizza Nutley NJ
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:04 AM »
Chicago Thin Crust? In Nutley?  I'm not chomping at the bit, but I'll go.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »
Just a guess? I ned some feedback? you can see the thickness factor in the 2nd pie and they are cooked in a pan. Think thats why the  people (critics) like it its. Something diffent and its  not NY.  its crispyish ??

Offline scott123

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
I'm not much of a non-NY guy ;), but I like the look of the cheese.  Nice coverage and good color. Speaking of a healthy amount of cheese, do you ever have a yearning for a Lorenzo's slice? As luke warm as I am about non NY places in our area,  I wouldn't mind if an Ohio style place opened.

In this area, non NY styles tend to get a lot of press.  It doesn't help that so many NY places put out mediocre pies, but, right now, novelty is king.

Btw, I don't know if you know about this, but a Trenton Style place recently opened in Morristown called Tomato Pie.  I was thinking about stopping by, but it's a little overpriced and I read somewhere about parbaking (I think parbaking might be a Trenton thing), which kind of put me on the fence.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »
I will check  it out for sure  par bake , price ... only a minor factor in tasting every slice I can !
there is also another opening in Morristown Coal and wood and meatballs yep all 3 ! training at amano now grandmas meatball recipe !
John

Offline scott123

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
Coal wood and meatballs? Interesting.

If you come to Morristown for either of these places, let me know. Especially for Tomato Pie.  If the pizza sucks, I can sort of justify 8 bucks for half a pie, but 16 would really get my goat.

Offline scott123

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »
Update: John, just in case you miss my review, do NOT go to Tomato Pie.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,20032.0.html

pizzapan