Author Topic: Tapatalk Support ?  (Read 7087 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Tapatalk Support ?
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
It's gone on my iPad.

Same here, doesn't appear on my iPad or my BlackBerry. It's only supposed to show the spash screen one time, so it's probably a browser setting on your end.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline sajata

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
Tap talk yea! ;D

Offline slybarman

Re: Re: Tapatalk Support ?
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »
Steve, anything you can do to make images viewable again in tapatalk? I get a download button, but it doesnt do anything.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 06:13:44 AM »
I am not trying to beat a horse, but I want to confirm if my experience is the same or different from everyone else. I cannot see any images at all in tapatalk right now. All I get is a download button that does not do anything.  Is this what others are seeing or are you all still able to see photos that other users have uploaded to the forum?

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »
I am not trying to beat a horse, but I want to confirm if my experience is the same or different from everyone else. I cannot see any images at all in tapatalk right now. All I get is a download button that does not do anything.  Is this what others are seeing or are you all still able to see photos that other users have uploaded to the forum?

on my iphone when I selected the download button it asked if I wanted to view the picture in safari or the app.   I chose the app and it opened a new screen to view the picture.  now it just opens the picture up.   On my ipad the pictures show as a download button and when I select it opens safari with the picture (I think I may have gone through the same process as the phone but don't remember for sure)

This is the only forum that I use on tapatalk that works like this and the pictures don't just show in the thread but I imagine it's because the photos are hosted at the forum level. 

Offline La Sera

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
I cannot log in using my iPad now. I logged out of my desktop, but that did not affect anything.

I cannot navigate the site without a popup when I return to the main forum, or try to navigate away from the main forum.

I'm sorry, but I have no use for Tapatalk.

Offline slybarman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tapatalk Support ?
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »
on my iphone when I selected the download button it asked if I wanted to view the picture in safari or the app.   I chose the app and it opened a new screen to view the picture.  now it just opens the picture up.   On my ipad the pictures show as a download button and when I select it opens safari with the picture (I think I may have gone through the same process as the phone but don't remember for sure)

This is the only forum that I use on tapatalk that works like this and the pictures don't just show in the thread but I imagine it's because the photos are hosted at the forum level.

Thanks for your reply. On my android device, the download button does nothing at all. Hopefully it is just a set-up option that Steve can check into. Pizza without pictures makes me sad.>:(

Offline slybarman

Re: Re: Re: Tapatalk Support ?
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »

I'm sorry, but I have no use for Tapatalk.

When fully implemented,  Tapatalk is great.

Offline La Sera

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
Can you tell me why it's great?

I've searched, but can't find any features that sound useful to me.

I don't read multiple forums that use Tapatalk.

I've seen a few comments that it renders some forums faster than some mobile browser, but that's a connectivity problem, not a browser problem. I also read that it reduces data throughput for people with data caps.

I can see how those would be useful in the U.S., but I'm not in the U.S. Neither of those are issues I have to deal with.

If I've missed some feature, I'd appreciate the info.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »
speed, readability, notifications, attachment handling, dark theme, etc. The usefulness may be less noticeable though when you move from phone size screens to tablet as the tablet probably renders a more readable desktop like experience via the browser.

Offline La Sera

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »
Thanks.

I could appreciate easier readability if I were using a phone-size display.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, 06:21:02 PM »
speed, readability, notifications, attachment handling, dark theme, etc. The usefulness may be less noticeable though when you move from phone size screens to tablet as the tablet probably renders a more readable desktop like experience via the browser.
'
true - I always use with my phone as it makes it much easier to navigate,  with the ipad I go back & forth between the browser & tapatalk

Offline slybarman

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
I have the galaxy note 2 with 5.5" screen and I still  prefer tapatalk on that size display. I suspect even a 7" tablet would still benefit.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
The only option that I have available (on TapaTalk's site) is "Hosted Image Support"

Tapatalk Hosted Image is a free service provided by Tapatalk to allow your forum member easily insert images to your forum, even when you have disabled attachment support. If you do not want your members to upload images to our server. You can disable it here.

I do not want any images hosted by Tapatalk. When a Tapatalk user uploads an image here, it doesn't actually put the image here... it put a hyperlink to the image which is stored on Tapatalk's server. So to us regular non-Tapatalk users, we don't see the image until we click the link. Sorry, but that's unacceptable to me.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
Understood, but it seems like something isn't working right - at least for me - with regard to the images you are hosting locally. The download button isnt working. It is there, but not working. Can someone else using an android device verify is this is the case for them or not?

Offline sajata

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tapatalk Support ?
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »
Understood, but it seems like something isn't working right - at least for me - with regard to the images you are hosting locally. The download button isnt working. It is there, but not working. Can someone else using an android device verify is this is the case for them or not?
I see it too

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »

I tried Tapatalk on my iPad3 (iOS 6) and it's working fine. Image download works great. I'm using the Tapatalk HD app.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
Hmmm . . . And there are no other settings of any sort on your end that deal with image downloading?

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:15 AM »
sly,   I'll see if my son uses tapatalk on his phone and if he does I'll try signing in from there.

Offline slybarman

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 09:03:29 AM »
I just loaded tapatalk hd onto my wife's android tablet, issue is the same. Download button is present, but not functional.