Author Topic: pizza dough with bread machine?  (Read 2371 times)

piroshok

pizza dough with bread machine?
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:53:57 PM »
Hi
A friend of mine decided that will no longer keep his bread machine so I passed it on to me
Now I wonder how does it compare to the other mixers when making/mixing dough
BM sure comes mighty handy when it comes to small measurement.
thanks

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: pizza dough with bread machine?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 10:33:36 PM »
Ricardo,

Several of our members have bread machines to make dough for pizzas and seem happy with them.

My only experience in that regard was to use my bread machine (a Zojirushi) to make a Lehmann NY style dough. My major complaint was that there was an excessive buildup of heat in the dough and that the finished crumb had a breadlike character. I reported in detail on my bread machine experiment at Reply # 41, page 3, at the Lehmann thread, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.msg5486#msg5486. Following up on what I did, one of our members, Artale, made adjustments to his bread machine dough processing and reported on his results at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1087.0.html.

I hope in the near future to try my bread machine again to make a Lehmann dough and to test the suggestions I proposed in the abovereferenced post to deal with the heat buildup in the dough and to get a nice open and airy crumb. I'm reasonably confident that it can be done.

Peter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 10:35:30 PM by Pete-zza »

piroshok

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 11:00:39 PM »
Yes thank you Pete and thanks for Artale's modified method 
I too want to make a Lehmann style dough so I probably will use the basic dough setting (no warm up) to mix the thing then into the fridge I want to keep practicing to for when the Summer comes I could also use my griller instead of the oven. My son loves pizzas and now that he is growing pretty fast I have to just keep on feeding him LOL!

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 02:29:00 AM »
I am very happy with mine. The best part being- the machine provides a warm place for the dough to rise.
It's simple too!