Author Topic: What ever happened to Jeff Varasano?  (Read 7014 times)

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
Re: What ever happened to Jeff Varasano?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 09:49:17 PM »
seriously, what's the idea behind a breadbox?

Keep mice out?

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 11:39:24 PM »
Jeff,  good to hear from you and stunning pies!  Glad to hear things are going well.  Love the evenness of bake on those pizzas,  I take it you are happy with your ovens.  Hope to get down to see you sometime  Guess on your storage method?  Plastic bags?   I see that fat tire in the background BTW.  Is that a beer of choice?  hope you got some sweetwater in there...  -marc

Offline jever4321

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »
Jeff, I stumbled onto your recipe website a couple of years ago and it kick started my journey into home pizza making. I love making pizza at home now. Thank you for all the inspiration! Your pizzas always look amazing!
-Jay

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »
funny you should mention the plastic bags, I was watching a show on Canada's Food Network tonight, and the pizza guy was using bags for his dough.  He did the huge batch
of dough, sprayed it ( the entire huge hunk of dough ) with a non stick spray it looked like, then cut it into the dough balls, rounded them out by hand, and then popped them into very plain looking bags, no seal on them like ZipLock  type bags, just see through bags, rectangular, popped the dough in, folded the bag over on itself, and that was it.

I can video my tv screen, and show the guy doing it, if anyone is interested.

Jeff,  good to hear from you and stunning pies!  Glad to hear things are going well.  Love the evenness of bake on those pizzas,  I take it you are happy with your ovens.  Hope to get down to see you sometime  Guess on your storage method?  Plastic bags?   I see that fat tire in the background BTW.  Is that a beer of choice?  hope you got some sweetwater in there...  -marc
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »
Jeff,

Cool to see you posting on here again, a few years ago when I got very interested in pizza making your blog led me to look deeper like I'm sure your blog did for a lot of other people. I also use the glad containers, but it was actually coincidence. Just happened to be the right size containers at walmart.

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
Hey guys!
So, I was approached by a film crew to produce an online documentary series as somewhat of an update to my recipe.
http://www.youtube.com/arcconyc

The documentary series should delve into the recipe I created for your home oven, as well as give you a little more updates about me, my pizza, and my pizzeria.

I'll still try to chime in here every now and again, trying to contribute to the community, and post any discoveries I make along my way in re: to my dough / pizza recipe.
I'm pretty excited for this!  Please subscribe and spread the word to help make the documentary series a success!
I'll also try to post updates to my twitter.  So by all means, feel free to follow me there as well!

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »
Jeff, I stumbled onto your recipe website a couple of years ago ....Thank you for all the inspiration! Your pizzas always look amazing!

+1
Bert,

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
Hey guys!
So, I was approached by a film crew to produce an online documentary series as somewhat of an update to my recipe.
http://www.youtube.com/arcconyc

The documentary series should delve into the recipe I created for your home oven, as well as give you a little more updates about me, my pizza, and my pizzeria.

I'll still try to chime in here every now and again, trying to contribute to the community, and post any discoveries I make along my way in re: to my dough / pizza recipe.
I'm pretty excited for this!  Please subscribe and spread the word to help make the documentary series a success!
I'll also try to post updates to my twitter.  So by all means, feel free to follow me there as well!

Cool - subscribed.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »
Me, too.  Should be exciting...
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
Jeff,

Cool,  8) I subscribed too.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:55 PM »
Jeff,

Cool,  8) I subscribed too.

Norma
What does it mean to "subscribe"......thanks.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »
What does it mean to "subscribe"......thanks.

Bob,

I think it means if you have a youtube channel, you can subscribe to whatever video that person posts on youtube.  Then they notify you by email whenever a new video is posted.  For me (because I do have a youtube channel), all I had to do was click the subscribe button.  I hope I am right.  ::)

Norma
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:31:36 PM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 09:53:02 PM »
Thank you Norma...I was hoping it didn't require a twitter or facelook account.... ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan