Author Topic: Sunday night drunken attempt. Came out good and a few pics...  (Read 2752 times)

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
Sunday night drunken attempt. Came out good and a few pics...
« on: September 20, 2005, 09:24:09 PM »
Hello to the forum.. Been lurking and trying to get something close to that MI PI pizza i grew up on and getting closer.

Out in Denver here its a joke trying to find good pizza so i resolved to work at it myself and this forum rules..

Long story short this is my 2nd attempt. Bought an 18 inch pan from huber for like 60 bucks and the first try tasted good but i didnt have enough dough.

Attempt 2 involved basically DKM's concept but i bought the dough from a local market that sells the 6 and 1 tomatos since i dont have a mixer etc. 1st attempt i tried 2 pounds of frozen dough and it wasnt enough so i got 3 this time but i was hammered and didnt allow enough time to get the dough to peel up the sides (once again) but with the thick sliced mozz i was able to pressure it out where it should be against the pan.

Anyway im gonna try and post a few pics of what i ended up with and DAMN it tasted good!

3 # 's Dough
1.5 #s skim mozz in 1/4 inch slices, .5 pounds whole milk mozz busted up and spread around.
Lots of pepperoni
1.5 # spicy italian sausage, onions, mushrooms saute'd in garlic etc.
2 green peppers
2 cans 6/1 drained with some sugar,salt,pepper,oregano and whatever else i thought of after 17 beers.
Topped with fresh basil and parmisian.

This old dog had some weight to it. One peice is all i can eat so far at one time.:D

Apparently the pics are bigger than 128 k so they wont work. That pisses me off as i have a good pie to show lol.

Offline chiguy

Re: Sunday night drunken attempt. Came out good and a few pics...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 11:27:04 PM »
 Hi, Beerisgoodfood
 I must agree pizza is a great eatin when your buzzed, but its alot easier to make when your sober. I have had many of these late night eating binges myself being from chicago.A Chicago deep dish can be mixed and kneaded by hand. I am suggesting you follow one of these deep dish recipes in full, even if you don't like cooking and you learn to make only one item. A good pizza will be rewarding to you and you will impress alot of family and friends along the way.  Sorry to hear about the pics.              Goodluck, chiguy

Offline stymie

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:08:13 AM »
Apparently the pics are bigger than 128 k so they wont work. That pisses me off as i have a good pie to show lol.

If you can't resize them then use imageshack. http://imageshack.us/
Upload the picture(s) then copy the link in the box marked Thumbnail for forums (1) to notepad for each picture. Then paste them in a reply (don't attach them like you would a normal picture) in the order you want them shown. If someone wants to see them full size all they have to do is click on the image.
Here is a random pizza picture from a google image search that is 183kb
(http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/935/jalapenopizza9dy.th.jpg)

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 07:05:34 PM »
Think i got them resized enough. If they send all make another post with what the cold slices look like.

I effed up most of the pics trying to re-size them. Hopefully these work.  ;D

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:08:36 PM »
more.

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 07:09:40 PM »
more

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 07:11:49 PM »
Heres a few refridgerated slice shots.. This stuff tastes awesome when its nuked  ;D

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 07:12:52 PM »
few more

Offline beerisgoodfood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 07:13:46 PM »
one more waht the hell.

pizzapan