Author Topic: cut and paste?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
cut and paste?
« on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
I would greatly appreciate someone telling me where I can learn how to do 2 different things....I"d like to be able to do the link reference thingy,you know,the highlighted text you click on and it will take you to the post you are quoting from,etc.  Also, I'd like to be able to cut out excerpts,seperate words or sentences from another's post and include them in a new post that I am creating.
Thank you so much...I know I must sound like a real computer illiterate (prolly cause I am!)   :-D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:55:44 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: cut and paste?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
I would greatly appreciate someone telling me where I can learn how to do 2 different things....I"d like to be able to do the link reference thingy,you know,the highlighted text you click on and it will take you to the post you are quoting from,etc.  Also, I'd like to be able to cut out excerpts,seperate words or sentences from another's post and include them in a new post that I am creating.
Thank you so much...I know I must sound like a real computer illiterate (prolly cause I am!)   :-D

Bob,

I am not sure I can explain correctly, but will try.  If you look to the right of your title of your thread  ďcut and pasteĒ you will see a quote (it looks like a piece of paper), just click on that quote to the right of the thing that looks like a paper and it will quote what the member posted.  If you want to delete something that is posted in that quote, just either cut it (highlight and cut like you would on a word processor)  or just put the cursor where you want to delete something, then press the backspace button on your computer.  Make sure when you start your reply to a post after quoting that there is a quote word at the end like this [/quote]  Then space either (one, two, or three) and start typing whatever you want.

If you want to link to something you or someone else linked to, the little what looks like two papers (sitting up with the pointed edges at the top and the left pointed edge of the paper looks like it is folded a little) on the left of your title (cut and paste?) will take you to that link.  Go up to the link in your browser (at the very top of your computer screen) and highlight and copy that.  That can be then copied and pasted on your word processor.  Then you can copy whatever you typed in your wood processor, then just paste into your reply.

To modify if you make a mistake, just click the modify button to the right of the quote button.  

After you also quote you can see a Insert quote from the last reply that also can be used.

Maybe that isnít the easiest way to explain and maybe I messed up, but that is the way I can do what I think you want to do.  It took me awhile to be able to do that, because all I kept doing was fouling up.  :-D

Maybe another member can explain what you want to do in an easier way.  

Norma
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:09:10 PM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »
Bob,

There also is a post by Bill/SFNM that might help you at Reply 3 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18846.msg183971.html#msg183971

Norma

Offline Ev

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
Norma,
 Thanks for taking the time to answer Bob's question so thoroughly and clearly. I appreciate the care and time you spend trying to help everyone. ;D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »
Norma,
 Thanks for taking the time to answer Bob's question so thoroughly and clearly. I appreciate the care and time you spend trying to help everyone. ;D

Steve,

I sure don't think I answered Bob thoughly enough.  It is hard to explain just with a keyboard on what to do.  When you practice trying to do what Bob would like to do, it gets a little easier.  Maybe other members might be able to explain in a more simple way to help Bob.

Maybe pictures could be taken and then arrows pointing what to do for Bob or other members that might also want to learn what to do. 

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »
Norma,

I too do appreciate the time you take with everyone.My girlfriends son is coming over on Sunday for Mothers Day and I was planning to show him your post (he works with computers).I think your tutorial is written just fine, it's my brain that seems to want to freeze up any time computer lingo or instructions start flying! Buy today is my B-day an I'm taking the day off and I'm gonna try to nail this...I'll bet I get back to you before the day is over with news of my great new triumph !!   :-D   I jus hope it don't cost me my whole Birthday.... :'(   >:D

Bob

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »

Bob learned how to post a link....YEA!!    You can do it too folks! I learned from the best!!!   http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,19042.msg186024.html#msg186024                                     

Now for the hard one.....

ps. after highlighting the link right clicked and chose copy...nothing. So, I clicked cut,went about posting a reply and when I wanted to insert the link I right clicked and selected paste...Bingo!  So,that works great,very easy for doing a single link....now what if you want to store multiple links? Norma's way of copying to a word processor sounds like the way but as I said, pressing copy,for me , did nothing. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:42:37 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
Bob,

Great to see you had success in posting a link!  ;D If your girlfriends son is coming over to your home I am sure he can help you a lot more to understand what to do.  I am not that good with computers either and just try things until I get them to work. 

Happy Birthday!  8) Have a great one and donít waste all of your time trying to figure all of this out. 

Maybe someday you or I could do a picture tutorial of how all the stuff on the forum works.  I know it took me a long while before I could do anything other than post.  :-D

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
Bob,

I am not sure I can explain correctly, but will try.  If you look to the right of your title of your thread  “cut and paste” you will see a quote (it looks like a piece of paper), just click on that quote to the right of the thing that looks like a paper and it will quote what the member posted.  If you want to delete something that is posted in that quote, just either cut it (highlight and cut like you would on a word processor)  or just put the cursor where you want to delete something, then press the backspace button on your computer.  Make sure when you start your reply to a post after quoting that there is a quote word at the end like this   Then space either (one, two, or three) and start typing whatever you want.

If you want to link to something you or someone else linked to, the little what looks like two papers (sitting up with the pointed edges at the top and the left pointed edge of the paper looks like it is folded a little) on the left of your title (cut and paste?) will take you to that link.  Go up to the link in your browser (at the very top of your computer screen) and highlight and copy that.  That can be then copied and pasted on your word processor.  Then you can copy whatever you typed in your wood processor, then just paste into your reply.

Maybe another member can explain what you want to do in an easier way. 

Norma
                                 Bob learned how to quote text and delete chosen sections....YEA!!
Norma,

You couldn't have explained it any better. Thank you so much for helping to make my Birthday a great day !!   Haha!   I'm easy to please... >:D

But seriously, you made it very easy to understand and others having trouble with this also will now be able to find relief through your help......thanks another million!

Bob
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:01:00 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
                                Bob learned how to quote text and delete chosen sections....YEA!!
Norma,

You couldn't have explained it any better. Thank you so much for helping to make my Birthday a great day !!   Haha!   I'm easy to please... >:D

But seriously, you made it very easy to understand and others having trouble with this also will now be able to find relief through your help......thanks another million!

Bob

Bob,

What I also found out is when you quote someone there are all those things at the top above all the faces you can choose.  There is also a one that looks like a message (the second one in from the right above the faces and pizza).  If you put your cursor over that one (the little message icon), it will also say insert quote.  Some of those things at the top I havenít learned how to use yet.

[
Congrats on learning what you did!!!
]

Just play around with all of them.  :-D

Norma
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:29:04 PM by norma427 »

Offline Ev

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
Happy Birthday, Bob! ;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 11:14:10 PM »
Norma and Steve,

Thanks for the B-day wishes.....looking forward to another year of your mad capped experiences!!  ;D

Pizza Pal Bob

pizzapan