Author Topic: Steve’s Home with KAAP and Ischia pies  (Read 2549 times)

Offline JimmyG

Re: Steve’s Home with KAAP and Ischia pies
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »
Steve posted at Reply 27 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18828.msg183810.html#msg183810 what the blue things were.

Steve,
That is a pretty innovative idea. I may have to steal this for my own home use. Thanks!
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »
Steve,
That is a pretty innovative idea. I may have to steal this for my own home use. Thanks!

I'm thinking about it too. Do you think that PVC be "food grade"?  I guess if it is good enough for water lines it should be good enough for pizza, right? 

TinRoof

Online Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »
I'm thinking about it too. Do you think that PVC be "food grade"?  I guess if it is good enough for water lines it should be good enough for pizza, right? 

TinRoof

Good question. I must admit, I never really thought about it. I don't think there would be a problem, but I'm no chemist of physisist or whoever knows these things. I suppose you could find a similar product with the proper designation. I'll keep an eye out, but in the mean time, I'm not too worried about it.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:41 AM »
Great looking pies Norma and Steve.  

A few years ago I read alot of discussion on a cheese forum concerning using pvc for cheese molds.  People were split on whether they felt it was safe or not.  I don't remember ever reading anything conclusive that they shouldn't be used .  I do believe that there are different grades of the pvc and you want to make sure you get the type that is for drinking water if you use them.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:13:30 AM by deb415611 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »

Great looking pies Norma and Steve. 

Deb,

Thanks!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
Steve,

Be my guest but I gotta say that I started thinking more about these and maybe a line of associated products. Just this morning I submitted an idea to one of those invention/idea research sites online. I've never done that before. I guess we'll see what happens. At least I have dated photographic documentation here. (that means, don't try to steal and market my idea! >:D :-D)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »
You're doing pretty good for a guy with no internet...
Pizza is not bread.

Online Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »
I know, right? I was supposed to lose it effective today. I assumed it would be gone when I got up this morning. Now, here it is 8pm and I'm still online. Maybe they meant the end of today, I don't know. My wife called the provider and pled our case yesterday. They didn't say so, but perhaps the internet gods have decided to smile upon me. Time will tell, I reckon.

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »
Just this morning I submitted an idea to one of those invention/idea research sites online. I've never done that before. I guess we'll see what happens.
It is a terrific idea. Good luck with it.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

pizzapan