Author Topic: 50# bags of Sir Lancelot  (Read 34637 times)

Offline joe697

Re: 50# bags of Sir Lancelot
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »
I contacted Dutch Valley Food Distributors in hopes of buying a 50lb bag of KASL flour and was shocked at the price quoted.  I was expecting a bag to run about $15 to $20 not what I was quoted in the below email...

"Thank you for your interest in Dutch Valley Food Distributors located in Myerstown, PA.  The current price for Item #142053 is $45.25 per bag plus the additional UPS ground shipping charge of approximately $34.00 to $39.00.  UPS charges by the total weight of the order and total delivery distance.  You may place your order on our website by clicking on Login in the upper right corner of our website.  At the next screen, scroll to the bottom and click on the new customer area.  Please complete the required information and you will be able to place your order."

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
I contacted Dutch Valley Food Distributors in hopes of buying a 50lb bag of KASL flour and was shocked at the price quoted.  I was expecting a bag to run about $15 to $20.
Well, I hate to tell you but everything has gone up. I use 3 different flours for my different pizza doughs. Every one has gone up from $1.00 - $2.00 per 5lb. bag to what it was just 6 months ago. KA Bread flour is $4 per 5 lb bag now. I put it back, I'm not paying it. My Ceresota AP flour went up from $1.89 to $2.89 a 5lb. bag so that's all I'm using. So that price quoated isn't that far off. Thanks to money hungry, greedy Corporate America. Soon middle class Americans will be extinct.  :'(
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline Shotgun682

Re: 50# bags of Sir Lancelot Long Island NY
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »
http://www.icbakers.com/about.asp

Inter-County bakers in Lindenhurst NY stocks 50# bags of Sir Lancelot flour

It looks like they will sell to the public.. Call first but the website says you can pick-up COD

Pickup:

Merchandise can be picked-up at our warehouse between 8:00am & 4:00pm from Monday through Friday. There is no minimum order for pickups.

Terms:

All new customers are required to pay C.O.D. until a credit application has been submitted and approved. Credit applications are available upon request. There is a $20 charge for returned checks.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:37:51 PM by Shotgun682 »

Offline smaxam

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »

If you live in an area that has Mennonites or Amish, you might check out one of their grocery stores. The one I habituate, Pine Ridge Groceries in Bainbridge NY, carries KASL, and a lot of what Dutch Valley carries.

Pine Ridge's recent price for KASL was $0.58 per pound.

Offline UnConundrum

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
Echo Hill in Fleetwood, PA carries Sir. Lancelot @ $.60/lb.  They offer discounts on whole bags, but I'm not sure what the discount is.  They're close enough to me that I just pick up what I need.

Offline PeterTheWolf

• Trying to Make the Best Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »
Hello,

For starters ... what does "IDY" stand for in this recipe (quoted below)?

This is my first time back to this forum in about 4 years ... different email address ... couldn't remember my last one used.
In any case this thread is why I am back.
I now live in the Winston-Salem, NC area and I am once again looking for the best High Gluten flour to use for pizza.
I was able to get some High Gluten flour from SAM's club until I moved to Winston-Salem but
the SAM's Club area here do not carry the High Gluten flour.
Which is why this thread got my attention.

I see that this Sir Lancelot is the flour I need to try based on this thread.  Finding it puts me in the same
position as many on this thread; however, I have found a source.
I have ordered two 50 lb bags (Dutch Valley Food Distributors Inc. ordering #142053)
At $28.06 / bag (plus tax I think).  They will come in 09/09th or 10th /2009 and I will pick them up 09/12/2009.  
I say this to inform anybody in the Winston-Salem, NC area who may want to buy one of the two bags I get.  
I will sell it for the actual price I pay.  I do have to drive 80 miles (one way) to get it Ö BUT it will be a nice drive.

For those who want to put in their own order and pick it up themselves, here are the sources I came up with in the last couple of days.

Source #1:

Yoder's Country Market
www  yodersmart  com

6827 Blanch Rd
Blanch, NC 27212-9678
(336) 234-8072
Get directions
Talked to Brittany 09/03/2009
Ordered two 50lbs bags for $28.06/bag
Hours are M-Sat 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Sunday 9:00 Ė 1:00pm.

Source #2
Ye Old Country Store
828-682-1231

Source #3
Yadkin Valley Store
Elkin, NC
336-835-1429

Source #4
Mars Hill Bulk Foods
828-689-3353
Zip 28754
Talked to Eddie Carr
$26.00 / 50lb Bag

Well, I must say that I have made a lot of pizza in the last few months with alot of different flour. On Monday my KASL arrived VIA UPS from Dutch Valley. I Used the followed this formulation for a 15 inch NY Style:
2 1/2 cups KASL
1 Cup Water
1/2 t IDY
1 T sugar
1 t SALT
1 T virgin Olive Oil
Fridge 24 hours
baked on a screen (15inch) at 450 degree oven

The hardest part was getting the flour in on Monday and waiting until Tuesday to eat the BEST PIZZA ever.......If you have not tried KASL, IT IS WORTH IT.......

Coptodd
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:24:23 PM by PeterTheWolf »
Trying to Make the Best Pizza!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »
For starters ... what does "IDY" stand for in this recipe (quoted below)?

"IDY" = Instant Dry Yeast.

For more terms, see the forum's Pizza Glossary at http://www.pizzamaking.com/pizza_glossary.html.

Peter

Offline lundervold

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 12:04:08 PM »
I contacted Dutch Valley Food Distributors in hopes of buying a 50lb bag of KASL flour and was shocked at the price quoted.  I was expecting a bag to run about $15 to $20 not what I was quoted in the below email...

"Thank you for your interest in Dutch Valley Food Distributors located in Myerstown, PA.  The current price for Item #142053 is $45.25 per bag plus the additional UPS ground shipping charge of approximately $34.00 to $39.00.  UPS charges by the total weight of the order and total delivery distance.  You may place your order on our website by clicking on Login in the upper right corner of our website.  At the next screen, scroll to the bottom and click on the new customer area.  Please complete the required information and you will be able to place your order."

I just received the following from Dutch Valley Food:

"Good morning:
Thank you for your interest in Dutch Valley Food Distributors located in Myerstown, PA.  The current price for Item #142053 (50 lb Sir Lancelot Hi-Gluten Flour) is $25.91 per bag.  Pick up hours are Monday to Friday - 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.  Please note that you must place your order at least one day in advance of your pick up day.  Please call customer service at 1-800-733-4191 if you would like to place an order.  Payment is accepted with a credit card.  We accept VISA, MasterCard and Discover.  Please have a great day."

Fortunately I live near by so I'll stop to pick up on my way home.

Offline matermark

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
Any current prices anybody?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
Any current prices anybody?

matermark,

My last bags 50 lb.of KASL were 22.40.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline matermark

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
Thank you Norma. I've been using KA bread flour and adding/replacing 13g of vital wheat gluten per pound to make 14.2% protein for now but should start calling around for KASL instead.... I just don't know if I can use 50lbs.

Offline PlanoPhil

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
Norma
Can you tell me were you purchased your KASL?  That seems like an incredible price. 50 lbs for $22.  Wow!   :o Am I missing something?

Phil

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
Norma
Can you tell me were you purchased your KASL?  That seems like an incredible price. 50 lbs for $22.  Wow!   :o Am I missing something?

Phil

Phil,

I purchase my KASL at C.O. Nolt & Son, Inc.  http://www.conolt.com/  but it only for commercial businesses.  If you live in my area I could purchase some for you.  The last time I purchased KASL it went up to 26.50, as of 6/24/2011.  I have to pick up some more flour tomorrow and donít know what the price will be.  If you want me to let you know what the price is tomorrow, I can let you know.  KASL does seem to be creeping up in price, just like all other pizza related ingredients are. 

Fred, (SmokinGuitarPlayer) does also carry KASL in 50 lb. bags for 41.99 http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/603.htm  I think, but am not sure, that he also breaks it down in smaller bags.  You could call him and ask him if he does, and what the price would be to ship.

Norma

Offline matermark

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
A bakery supply place in Buffalo quoted me $22.75 or $22.95 back in the spring for a 50lb bag.

Offline PlanoPhil

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:35 AM »
Norma,
I live in the Dallas area so no chance of hooking up with your purchase.

If anyone is following this string from North Texas and knows where I can get KASL please reply.

Thanks

Phil

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
Phil,

You might check out Dawn Food Products (http://www.dawnfoods.com/Public/Managed/Home/Index.Asp) in Garland. I believe that they still sell to individuals but there may be a minimum dollar purchase requirement. You might also have to open an account.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
Norma,
I live in the Dallas area so no chance of hooking up with your purchase.

If anyone is following this string from North Texas and knows where I can get KASL please reply.

Thanks

Phil

Just for comparison, I did call to pick up KASL today and now it is 29.40 for 50 lbs.  If matermark can get it from a bakery at the price he posted, that is a good deal.

Norma

Offline matermark

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
Phil, there is also a place in I think Wisconsin that sells it by the pound to anybody, I will try to find a link...

HERE it is:

http://www.floursack.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TFS&Product_Code=142053&Category_Code=FL

They sell it in 5, 10 & 25lbs ($4.95, $9.50 & $22.50)

Hope this helps.

P.S. I just called my place in town here, they asked who I was and just said "Cash & Carry" and they put me on hold, came back & said $23.00.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:25:37 PM by matermark »

Offline PlanoPhil

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
Just received this email from my local distributor for Dawn Food Products.

There have been many e-mails flying around trying to get you information on how to buy King Arthur flour.  Hopefully, I can help.  We do stock several varieties of King Arthur flour.  It is a great flour line.  I am with the distribution arm of Dawn here at the Dallas Distribution center in Garland.  We sell to the wholesale channel for bakery products.  We are not designed for selling to the public like a Samís or Restaurant Depot.  We do however have limited abilities for will call customers.  We do have a minimum pick up amount of $75.  I would recommend you call our office and our customer service department can help you through our system.  972-485-8004

Not sure I want to buy $75 worth.  Called them and they say it's $29 per 50 lb bag.  So I would have to buy three bags.  Guess I need to find someone in the Dallas area willing to split the load with me..

Anyone out there interested?

Phil