Author Topic: Dominos gluten free pizza  (Read 963 times)

Offline JimmyG

Re: Dominos gluten free pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
It is good to know that people with wheat allergies and Celiac disease can now be disgusted by Domino's pizza too.  ;D Joking aside I do find it problematic, from a clinical perspective, that Domino's is not taking more care in their production and handling of the dough in the restaurant, as this can be particularly devastating for children with the disorder. http://www.dominos.com/
Domino's pizza made with a Gluten Free Crust is prepared in a common kitchen with the risk of gluten exposure. The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness supports the availability of Domino's Gluten Free Crust, but CANNOT recommend the pizza for customers with celiac disease. Customers with gluten sensitivities should exercise judgment in consuming this pizza
To add insult to injury, they label this warning as "Legal Stuff" i.e. unimportant.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:36:27 PM by JimmyG »
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline David Deas

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
People with gluten intolerance aren't the only folks eating gluten free.  It's a fad.  A current dietary trend just like the no carb diet.  Otherwise I think Dominos would be about as concerned with celiac patients as they have always been.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:16:16 PM »
i bet you any money the corporate bigheads oversee the stretching medium when selling gluten free pizza  ;)
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »
From a business standpoint, I seriously doubt that Domino's is targeting those with celiac disease, considering that less than 1% of the US population has it. Hardly a profitable demographic. As David mentioned, GF is a current dietary fad.

There is a restaurant near me that is owned by a guy who has celiac disease. He has monthly gluten-free buffets that are by invitation only for his celiac friends. He actually built a separate kitchen for preparing the GF fare. People come from many miles away. There wouldn't be nearly enough celiac sufferers in a Domino's delivery area.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
Anyone want to try eating this? I recently ordered some Dominos Delivery  :-[ but didn't get the gluten free. It was so horrible that I can't fathom ordering again just to try their newest abomination. Although I would be interested if it tastes any different than those bob's red mill formulations which seem to be the norm.

pizzapan