Author Topic: NEAPOLITAN STYLE PIZZA SUGGESTIONS  (Read 1138 times)

Offline sms253

NEAPOLITAN STYLE PIZZA SUGGESTIONS
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »
I am new to the forum and I have been reading tons of posts over the past few days. I love the forum and hope I can add to the community. Hypothetically Speaking, If you were going to open an intimate wood fired pizzeria Neapolitan style- What oven and mixer would you recommend. Additionally, are there any other companies that you recommend dealing with or websites to buy awesome products.  Any other suggestions besides don't do it. I greatly appreciate the help!

Offline TXCraig1

Re: NEAPOLITAN STYLE PIZZA SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
Hi Scott. Welcome to the forum. What sort of experience do you have with Neapolitan pizza?

Craig
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
I am new to the forum and I have been reading tons of posts over the past few days. I love the forum and hope I can add to the community. Hypothetically Speaking, If you were going to open an intimate wood fired pizzeria Neapolitan style- What oven and mixer would you recommend. Additionally, are there any other companies that you recommend dealing with or websites to buy awesome products.  Any other suggestions besides don't do it. I greatly appreciate the help!
I was used to be an equipment purchaser and Food & Beverage Director opening Hotels and Restaurants. There are a lot of good options out there. My first questions would be: where are you at, what is your budget and yes as said earlier how much experience do you have?

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:19:42 AM »
If you have little experience with making Neapolitan pizza, you could have someone help you make choices based on your business needs. Here is one of them:

http://www.artisanpizzasolutions.com/index.html

John

Offline sms253

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
Hey Guy's, thanks for getting back to me. I am financing a deal for my business partner and his pizzaiuoli. They both have a lot of experience. I am just trying to get my arms around and be able to understand better. However, I have personally made pizzas on a wood stone and a valeriani. I think we are leaning towards the valeriani. I have never used a ferrara oven. Any thoughts? I really want to make sure that we stay on budget and we can be able to get my red berkel for super thin prosciutto slicing. Any suggestions for a great mixer at a reasonable price? Any other thoughts would help. The concept is going to be in Central Pa near Penn State. Are there any good websites to refer to?

Please help me out!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 10:35:49 AM »
Hey Guy's, thanks for getting back to me. I am financing a deal for my business partner and his pizzaiuoli. They both have a lot of experience. I am just trying to get my arms around and be able to understand better. However, I have personally made pizzas on a wood stone and a valeriani. I think we are leaning towards the valeriani. I have never used a ferrara oven. Any thoughts? I really want to make sure that we stay on budget and we can be able to get my red berkel for super thin prosciutto slicing. Any suggestions for a great mixer at a reasonable price? Any other thoughts would help. The concept is going to be in Central Pa near Penn State. Are there any good websites to refer to?

Please help me out!

Scott, there is really no way we can give you reliable advice on an oven. We donít know you, your partners, their passion, what will make them excited to go to work every day, your financial situation, what you want to create in terms of atmosphere, product, etc.

My $0.02 would be this, a Valoriani may be more than enough oven for you, or you may regret it every day. I doubt you would ever regret owning a Ferrara, Acunto, etc., but I have no way of knowing if you need that much oven.

Speaking for me personally - and this might not apply to your situation at all - if I owned a restaurant, I think I could probably make a perfectly good pie with a Valoriani, but there would not be a day that went by where I didnít wish I had a true Neapolitan oven. Thatís a formula for failure. Spending the extra money would be more than worth it to me to keep my passion alive.

Craig

Offline sms253

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »
That was exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I appreciate your feedback and it really will help us make the right decision.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
Glad it helped. I hope you'll stay active here and post pictures of the restaurant build-out as the project progresses.

pizzapan