Author Topic: Small diameter turning peels  (Read 2422 times)

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
Small diameter turning peels
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
The gentleman in this video is using a peel that looks like it is 6-7 inches in diameter.  Are these available for sale in the US?  

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:26:02 PM by fornographer »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Small diameter turning peels
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »
The gentleman in this video is using a peel that looks like it is 6-7 inches in diameter.  Are these available for sale in the US? 

What video? I use an 8" peel for all turning in the WFO. Took a while to get the hang of it, but now I can't imagine using anything else. I got mine over 10 years ago from Earthstone:

http://www.earthstoneovens.com/oven_accessories.shtml

The one they show is stainless. Mine is carbon-steel - not stainless.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:22 PM »
I can get you a 6 1/2 " peel from GI metals  
http://www.gimetalusa.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=151&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=214
I used to use 8" but now use 9" perferated peel
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:48 PM »
What video? I use an 8" peel for all turning in the WFO. Took a while to get the hang of it, but now I can't imagine using anything else. I got mine over 10 years ago from Earthstone:

http://www.earthstoneovens.com/oven_accessories.shtml

The one they show is stainless. Mine is carbon-steel - not stainless.

sorry..paste failure. I modified the entry. the link to the video is now there.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:52:59 PM »
I have a perforated 7 3/4"  and a solid 9" - both from GI. I prefer the 7 3/4" in both size and the perforation. Like Bill, I can't imagine using anything else.

I make 13" pies.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
I have a perforated 7 3/4"  and a solid 9" - both from GI. I prefer the 7 3/4" in both size and the perforation. Like Bill, I can't imagine using anything else.

I make 13" pies.

Craig / others:

I cuurently have an FGM turning peel which is 7.1 inches.  I think I want one a little bigger - sometimes my 12 inch pies get too floppy when doming and hang down all around. I need a goldilocks peel - not too big, not too small - my oven is relatively small, around 27 inches across. 

If the GI 8 inch is really 7 3/4, that does not seem like a difference worth bothering with.  Does anyone know the exact size of the "9 inch" gi peel?

Thanks,
Mitch

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:15:43 PM »
Craig / others:

I cuurently have an FGM turning peel which is 7.1 inches.  I think I want one a little bigger - sometimes my 12 inch pies get too floppy when doming and hang down all around. I need a goldilocks peel - not too big, not too small - my oven is relatively small, around 27 inches across. 

If the GI 8 inch is really 7 3/4, that does not seem like a difference worth bothering with.  Does anyone know the exact size of the "9 inch" gi peel?

Thanks,
Mitch

The perforated one is 9".
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »
Jeff I can shoot you a 9" perf when I return from pizza expo! that's what I have been using ever since Matthew turned me on to the bigger sizes
LOVE IT !  Good stock of everything going into spring so if you want the 8" I have that too   ;)
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »
Jeff I can shoot you a 9" perf when I return from pizza expo! that's what I have been using ever since Matthew turned me on to the bigger sizes
LOVE IT !  Good stock of everything going into spring so if you want the 8" I have that too   ;)
John
JOhn:

I think you meant to direct the offer to me, not Jeff.  I will send you a PM.  - Mitch

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »
American Metalcraft shows an 8-inch round peel (20-inches long) item # 17080. <www.amnow.com> 800-333-9133.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline slybarman

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »
American Metalcraft shows an 8-inch round peel (20-inches long) item # 17080. <www.amnow.com> 800-333-9133.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

That was the one I wanted to buy this past summer, but couldn't find a retailer that did not gouge on the shipping.

Offline MrPibbs

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »
I saw member MightyPizzaOven using this short, round peel with wood handle that looked pretty handy.  Anyone know where to get one like this with the nice wood handle?

Offline sleepnbag

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »
I contacted American Metal craft in regards to the small 8" turning peel. They told me that I would need to order throuh my local rep. the problem is; I am not a business. Are there any places that will sell to the general public?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
sleepnbag,

There are a lot of online places that sell the American Metalcraft products. See, for example, http://www.instawares.com/Search.aspx?Ts=0&Ntt=Pizza+peel+American+Metalcraft&RNtt=Pizza+peel+American+Metalcraft

If you do a Google or similar search, you will find many other sources. You might start with the AM website to identify the particular peel that interests you and then do the search.

Peter

Offline sleepnbag

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »
Thanks pete-zaa!