Author Topic: Mellow Mushroom Pizza found in Atlanta and surroundin areas...Recipes?  (Read 177857 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Mellow Mushroom Pizza found in Atlanta and surroundin areas...Recipes?
« Reply #2080 on: December 12, 2014, 10:14:56 PM »
Sure thing Norma...will do!   :chef:

I don't ever dress the rim post bake anyway.

BS is preheating....I was thinking about trying 600 degrees all the way through the bake(probably take about 6-7 min. ? )     What do you think about that temp Norma?

Bob,

Thanks!  Sorry, I got a phone call and didn't see your post about what temperature you thought of using.  At about 600 on the BS should be good, or was good.  I talked on the phone too long.  :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2081 on: December 12, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
Bob,

Thanks!  Sorry, I got a phone call and didn't see your post about what temperature you thought of using.  At about 600 on the BS should be good, or was good.  I talked on the phone too long.  :-D

Norma
Thanks girl, it worked out good. I'll post up pics tomorrow morning.  Nighty night Norma!   ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2082 on: December 12, 2014, 11:02:17 PM »
Thanks girl, it worked out good. I'll post up pics tomorrow morning.  Nighty night Norma!   ;D

Bob,

Glad to hear your MM pie turned out good.  Looking forward to your photos tomorrow.

Norma

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2083 on: December 13, 2014, 10:37:13 AM »
Peter.....one is 537g and the other is 522g.
Bob,

Thank you. Your numbers square with those that Norma got when she weighed the MM medium dough ball that you sent her some time ago, as you can see from Replies 1044 and 1045 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg168135.html#msg168135.

I am at a loss to explain the discrepancies between the numbers you have gotten for the medium MM dough ball and the numbers I got in Florida on two occasions (the first being after MM corporate had me call Florida to get the numbers and the second time was recently while I was in Florida). As you know, I have been mostly using about 18 ounces for the medium MM dough ball and about 11 ounces for the small MM dough ball. This latter number squares with what you reported for the small MM dough ball at Reply 1033 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg168093.html#msg168093, Reply 1065 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg168223.html#msg168223, and as restated at Reply 1071 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg168252.html#msg168252.

I have no idea as to which size dough ball is reflected in the MM nutritional information. However, recently, and for the past month or so, I have been testing the MM nutrition data anew using the 18 ounce and 11 ounce dough ball weights, and have come up with some tentative new MM clone dough formulations. And when I used your recent dough ball weight numbers to extrapolate the data I was getting, I did not see major changes in my numbers. The changes at the ingredient level are of the order of a few grams or fractions of grams. I haven't yet had a chance to take the extrapolated numbers to see how they measure up against the MM nutrition data to see if they provide a better fit than my data. That exercise alone, if the MM nutrition data is to be believed, may give us some clues as to the proper dough ball weights.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2084 on: December 13, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »
I felt like it was way too much dough. Even though mine had decent oven spring the pizza just ate too heavy(to me). Kept putting me in the mind that I was eating a sweet, dense, whole wheat dough.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2085 on: December 13, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
Here's some pics Norma....

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2086 on: December 13, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »
And the whole enchilada....

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2087 on: December 13, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »
Bob,

What was the size of the pizza?

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2088 on: December 13, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
Bob,

What was the size of the pizza?

Peter
A good full 12in., a little was hanging over edge of my 12in. peel during launch.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2089 on: December 13, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »
Here's some pics Norma....

Bob,

Thanks for posting the photos of your MM pizza.  I really like the rim crumb photos.  Did your pizza taste like a MM pizza from the location where you purchased the dough balls?  I wondered because you said you were going to bake at about 600 degrees F in your Blackstone.  The rim crumb looks nice and moist.

Norma

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2090 on: December 13, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
A good full 12in., a little was hanging over edge of my 12in. peel during launch.
Bob,

The medium MM dough ball is intended to make a 14" pizza. When used to make a 12" pizza, the thickness factor is 0.1639 and 0.1675 for the two MM dough balls that you purchased. For the 14" size, the thickness factors would be 0.1196 and 0.1230, respectively. Those are big differences.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2091 on: December 13, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »
Bob,

The medium MM dough ball is intended to make a 14" pizza. When used to make a 12" pizza, the thickness factor is 0.1639 and 0.1675 for the two MM dough balls that you purchased. For the 14" size, the thickness factors would be 0.1196 and 0.1230, respectively. Those are big differences.

Peter
peter, that is exactly what I figured, so after you asked me what size pizza I made I went searching mm sites and could not get a number for their sizes other than"small, med, large.....no diameter sizes.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2092 on: December 13, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »
peter, that is exactly what I figured, so after you asked me what size pizza I made I went searching mm sites and could not get a number for their sizes other than"small, med, large.....no diameter sizes.
Bob,

It is easy to forget. That is why I entered the post at Reply 1996 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg338673.html#msg338673.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2093 on: December 13, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »
Bob,

It is easy to forget. That is why I entered the post at Reply 1996 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg338673.html#msg338673.

Peter
Ok thanks Peter for catching that for me.

On this other MM dough ball I have left can you please tell me the weight I should use to once again attempt a med. size pizza?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2094 on: December 13, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »
On this other MM dough ball I have left can you please tell me the weight I should use to once again attempt a med. size pizza?
Bob,

If you had not purchased that dough ball, your local MM would have used it to make a pizza. So, you should be able to make a medium pizza out of the dough ball. If you'd like to have a somewhat thinner crust, you could trim the dough ball to a weight of 18 ounces and make the 14" pizza out of it.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2095 on: December 13, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »
Bob,

If you had not purchased that dough ball, your local MM would have used it to make a pizza. So, you should be able to make a medium pizza out of the dough ball. If you'd like to have a somewhat thinner crust, you could trim the dough ball to a weight of 18 ounces and make the 14" pizza out of it.

Peter
Sorry Peter, I was not clear. What dough weight you recommend for a 12in. pizza.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2096 on: December 13, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
Sorry Peter, I was not clear. What dough weight you recommend for a 12in. pizza.
Bob,

I would use a dough ball weight of 385 grams (3.14159 x 6 x 6 x 0.12 x 28.35 = 385).

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2097 on: January 03, 2015, 05:55:11 PM »
If anyone is interested in FORECASTLE PIZZA CONTEST from Mellow Mushrrom this is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/mellowmushroomHQ/app_224529314338331 

Note in the official rules that residents from different states can not enter, even if they wanted to.

Norma