Author Topic: Union Jacks - Jamie Oliver & Chris Bianco venture in London  (Read 1648 times)

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
I do not believe that this has been covered here before. After working with New Yorker Adam Perry to open Barbecoa, Jamie has teamed up with Chris Bianco to open up Union Jacks:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/reviews/union-jacks-4-central-st-giles-piazza-london-wc2-6270579.html

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Union Jacks - Jamie Oliver & Chris Bianco venture in London
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »
Hi, Marco,

See http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18899.0.html for additional coverage.

Peter

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:50:26 AM »
Apologies, It has been covered then... Both for the Location and product will get tough competition. There is a mention of a second branch in Chiswick, where there is already a Franco Manca....

cornicione54

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
Wonder if David Page is going to apply the Pizza Express business model to Franco Manca...  :-\

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:04:16 AM »
Wonder if David Page is going to apply the Pizza Express business model to Franco Manca...  :-\

I am not sure what aspects of the business model, but I know that they have preserved teh bit I was involved with: The dough recipe and the methodology of production including every single equipment and Forno Napoletano ovens...

I was having a chat with their new Head Pizzamaker (recruited after my initial involvement and that barely knew who I was and what I did for that model he religiously followed ;-)), responsible for all the branches, and it was a pleasure that he noted to me that although he had worked across London and Naples many wood fired pizzeria, he thought the Ovens at the Westfield'd branch ( 2 x 130cm Forno Napoletano mobile) were the very best he had ever used

pizzapan