Author Topic: Anyone watch PBS Create pizza making shows all day?  (Read 670 times)

Offline petef

Anyone watch PBS Create pizza making shows all day?
« on: May 06, 2012, 02:09:54 AM »
Here in NJ PBS ch12 WHYY, the CREATE channel, had all their usual cooking shows playing all day long with the common theme of pizza making. Anyone see it?

Out of all the different shows, I think that America's Test Kitchen nailed it best!
They used bread flour and a 24 hour cold ferment, then 1 hour at room temp.
They placed the stone on the highest rack to get the top to bake at the highest temp possible.
They used canned plumb tomatoes drained w/a minimum of spices and 1 tsp wine vinegar.
Topped it with some Parmesan cheese and then mozz cheese.

---pete---

Offline Godfella

Re: Anyone watch PBS Create pizza making shows all day?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »
Hello, Pete - I did see the show about Chicago Deep Dish Pizza... they focused on Lou Malnati's crust.  The kitchen techs reproduced Malnati's buttery layered crust by rolling the dough out and folding/rolling it up like a jelly roll.  Very good show!
"Be Generous With Your Time, Talent & Treasure."

Offline petef

Re: Anyone watch PBS Create pizza making shows all day?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:26:28 AM »
Hello, Pete - I did see the show about Chicago Deep Dish Pizza... they focused on Lou Malnati's crust.  The kitchen techs reproduced Malnati's buttery layered crust by rolling the dough out and folding/rolling it up like a jelly roll.  Very good show!

Yes, excellent show by the "America's Test Kitchen" crew. They are the best! I feel that they take the most scientific approach to cooking and replicating other people's recipes. ---pete---

pizzapan