Author Topic: Grapes, Gorgonzola and Rosemary  (Read 690 times)

Offline sourbug

• Brewing and Making Pizza
Grapes, Gorgonzola and Rosemary
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »
Saw this on the cooking channel.  Anyone try this?  Curious about the right way to do this, as far as layering ingredients?

Offline Chaze215

Re: Grapes, Gorgonzola and Rosemary
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:26:44 PM »
I make a grapes, gorgonzola, a little mozzarella and walnuts with aged balsamic post bake. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm good!
Chaz

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:54:59 PM »
Saw this on the cooking channel.  Anyone try this?  Curious about the right way to do this, as far as layering ingredients?

sourbug,

You might want to look at RamirOk's thread about focaccia at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16883.0.html with grapes and rosemary.  I would think Gorgonzola would go well on that focaccia too.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »
I love when grapes come on a pizza thread.  Actually grapes on flat bread is a classic combo in northern italy....in the wine regions.   The flatbread is thick, kinda like a grandmas pie thick.

I do the opposite.  Take a pizza dough, one you would normally use for a neapolitan pie.  Pound it or even roll it ( yes, rolling is ok in this instance) EXTREMELY THIN.  Slice seedless ruby grapes in half.  Place them on dough, slice down, a good amount, do be afraid of overdoing it, you cant. Finish this simple pie with EVOO, salt, sugar, fresh thyme and rosemary, lots for fresh cracked and cook till crisp.   It doesn't sound it....but it is ALWAYS the most talked about item in my catering events.  Learned it while working in one of Connecticuts foremost italian restauarnt...its their house bread.........

Offline jhill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »
Just signed up and you have already made my day, what interesting combinations, I LOVE IT. I am going to try it. Thank you...

pizzapan