Author Topic: creating a documentary  (Read 1934 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: creating a documentary
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:29 AM »
Norma:  I honestly think we all get so caught up in our own worlds that it is hard to look outside them and see what tragedies exist.  I am glad you got to see it first hand.   Walter

Walter,

I agree we mostly get caught up in our own worlds so it is hard to see what really happens.  I am glad I got to see some of what happens first hand.  There was so much I learned from you.  You did make a difference in many students lives.  At least they know there are better ways to resolve problems, learn work ethics and more.

Congrats for touching so many students lives.  :)

Norma

Offline derricktung

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »
Great videos, Walter, and good luck on your move to Reno!

When is the big move?  (Trying to figure out if I can make it out to see you before you go!)

Offline zwarbles

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
You are just an amazing person Walter.....best of luck in Reno!
Pat

Offline waltertore

• The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
Bigmoose/Norma:  Thanks.  I do cherish the many brief and small successes my students have had over the years and feel I learned more from them than they have from me.  I have one still working and to have one success in my field over a career is huge.  Isn't that a sad statement on our culture?  25 years in the field and 1 success.......   Parents of normal intelligence children would tear the white house down if such was the case for their children. 

Owning a pizzeria will allow us to have more control over what and how we do things.   I have made some very exciting connections in Reno already with agencies and The University of Nevada Reno.  Schools are toxic places to work. Moral is at all time lows with the new testing/teaching mandates and staff and students are affected by this.  The blue skies, high desert, and no more public school toxicity, make this move the most exciting of my life :)  Walter 

Offline waltertore

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
Great videos, Walter, and good luck on your move to Reno!

When is the big move?  (Trying to figure out if I can make it out to see you before you go!)

My wife is on the plane to Reno as I type.  She is looking at lots in the neighborhood we want to live in.  We are told the house would be finished by late July/early August.  We will leave as soon as it is done whether our house here is sold or not.  I hope we do get to meet up. We have a separate house on site that you could stay in.  Walter

Offline waltertore

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »
You are just an amazing person Walter.....best of luck in Reno!

Thanks.  I feel being born with a mind that works at normal levels (some will disagree :-D) leaves me no choice but to help those that were not born this way. People have been so kind and helpful to me throughout my life.  It feel great to be able to give something back.  Walter

Offline TheRailroadBulls

• Ahhhhh... Fatboy Style!!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »
I love what you're doing Walter. Before I went back to school I was an in-home caregiver for the mentally disabled, and my great Aunt also had some issues, but was taken under the wing of people like you, with a big heart, who really helped her/our family out. I always enjoy reading articles about you. I keep forgetting your user name, and therefore who you are, but yeah... just wanted to tip my hat to you.
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." - Henry Ford

Offline waltertore

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
I love what you're doing Walter. Before I went back to school I was an in-home caregiver for the mentally disabled, and my great Aunt also had some issues, but was taken under the wing of people like you, with a big heart, who really helped her/our family out. I always enjoy reading articles about you. I keep forgetting your user name, and therefore who you are, but yeah... just wanted to tip my hat to you.

Thanks and that is great you have done the work you did.  Walter

Offline waltertore

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »
Norma sent me some great articles on people with disabilities and I found this poem that will be framed on our shop's wall.  Thanks Norma!  walter

"Blessed are you, who take the time to listen to my difficult speech, for you help me to know that if I persevere I can be understood

Blessed are you, who never bid me to hurry or take a task away from me and do for me, for I always need time

Blessed are you, who understand that it is difficult for me to put my thoughts into words

Blessed are you with a smile, so please encourage me to try once more

Blessed are you who ask for my help, for the greatest need is to be needed

Blessed are you who never remind me that today I have asked the same question twice

Blessed are you who respect my rights, love me as I am and not as you wish I were."

Sofia, Uganda